Adventist Online

Is Jesus saving the world or did he only come to give mankind one last chance to be saved?  Is God trying desperately to save the world, or has he left the opportunity to be saved upon mankind itself?

When you hear some say, those who are not part of the first resurrection will be lost forever, one can only ask; how is God saving the world?  Can God save those who are not part of the first resurrection, does he not have the power of salvation in his hands? Or is there something, a mystery about God’s salvation that may not be known or understood?

One day, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” Jesus explained his reasoning.

He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.…Matthew 13: 11

Are there mysteries (secrets) that are not given to some, but are given to others? Jesus called it, the knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, which is not given to everyone.  Jesus explains this by saying,

13This is why I speak to them in parables: ‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Some, Jesus said, will not and do not understand the secrets or mysteries of the kingdom of God.  In Mark 4:11 we are given greater detail.

And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables, 12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

Is Jesus purposefully concealing knowledge so that some may not turn and be forgiven? Are some ever seeing but never perceiving or hearing but never understanding? are there secrets that some do not understand about God’s salvation?

As Christians, we have believed salvation is for one to turn and be forgiven, but here Jesus says, the knowledge of the mystery is being hidden so that some might not turn and be forgiven.

In John 17, Jesus prayed for his disciples, he prayed,

I am praying concerning them. I do not pray concerning the world, but concerning those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Why did Jesus not pray for the world, but only for the disciples? Yet Jesus was sent to save the world. The bible tells us this in John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

This is somewhat of a paradox. If the mystery is being hidden so that some might not turn and be forgiven; how can everyone believe in Him so they shall not perish but have eternal life?

Yet, Jesus did not pray for the world he came to save, only for the disciples. He spoke in parable to hide the secrets of the kingdom of God from those who were not within; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.

What is the secret, or the mysteries of the kingdom of God? How will Jesus save the whole world? And why was the mysteries of the kingdom of God only given to the disciples?

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is no mystery to salvation As Jesus said to Nicodemus 

Joh 3:12  If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13  No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14  And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15  that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19  And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20  For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21  But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." 

What do we see here? You need to believe its simple really.

Elijah,

Can everyone believe now? Thomas said, he would not believe unless he sees. Yes, Jesus admonished him to stop doubting and believe. Jesus also said, “blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Believing is a quality that is required, it grant the ability to see, but it’s not so easily gained. It is something that is summoned from within a person. Nicodemus was a Master Teacher of Jews; unto them (the Jews) were committed the oracles of God.

This man was a teacher of those oracles, but amazingly he did not know or understand the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.

…9“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked. 10“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and you do not understand these things?

Some are called to believe now, this is a secret not understood. No one can  saves themselves, a person must be called. Jesus told his disciples in John 6:44.

“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.…

This is again reiterated to the disciples in John 6:65

Then Jesus said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him.”…

What exactly does this mean? Jesus explains it

The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you (disciples), but not to them.…Matthew 13: 11

Only disciples are given the knowledge, those on the outside are not given it.

And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables, 12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

i love this.

:)

many secrets have been revealed

let me share a few ..

You are floating in a sea of forgiveness and grace as you are.

He looks upon you and cherishes you and knows you as if your the only person on earth.

He delights in you Now

And All the Nows.

He is the God of your Now :)

the bottom line is...

Eternal life begins the moment you truly see how loved you are by Him

The outpouring of the Holy Spirit is simply love put in your heart by beholding Him ..to its natural maturation. your natural heart in falling in love with HIM boosted with supernatural from on high.

And this wonderful ongoing closeness(love relationship)  gets bigger and broader with each day till it naturally continues on to eternity!

love this question .. the secrets get more sacred as this Love is gazed at <3

Thanks, MFG,

I believe that God have saved the world through Jesus, but has not reclaimed it; Jesus have not yet begun to reign. When that happens, the world will begin to see that love you speak of.  

God is Love, and God so loved world that He gave the Only Begotten for it.

For God loved the world in this way: so much that he would give up his Son, The Only One, so that everyone who trusts in him shall not be lost, but he shall have eternal life.

How or when is everyone to believe this? There is a veil which blinds the world from seeing this love of God now.

We read in 2 Corinthians 4

3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.…

The world is perishing, but God has given the Begotten to save it. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see; how will this end?

Cannot God save the world, or will the world perish?

Peace 

Gene wrote: "Is Jesus saving the world or did he only come to give mankind one last chance to be saved? Is God trying desperately to save the world, or has he left the opportunity to be saved upon mankind itself?
When you hear some say, those who are not part of the first resurrection will be lost forever, one can only ask; how is God saving the world? Can God save those who are not part of the first resurrection, does he not have the power of salvation in his hands? Or is there something, a mystery about God’s salvation that may not be known or understood?"

Hey brother Gene, I don't think there is a mystery about GOD'S salvation, the Bible explains it and it's understood. Of course the view you hold (which comes from the Herbert Armstrong and the WWCOG teaching), is a teaching that goes against SDA teachings. 

Many things you write is correct, however your question shows that you have a second chance theology mentality, that simply is the belief that when Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, that those not in the air with Jesus will have another chance to be saved. You asked,

Gene wrote: ".. did He only come to give mankind one last chance to be saved?"

This implies you believe there is a second chance to be save after Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him. That belief is wrong, and it doesn't hamper GOD for providing salvation for the world. 

Gene wrote: "Can God save those who are not part of the first resurrection,.."

Yes, GOD can save those who are not part of the first resurrection (righteous dead), HE will save the righteous living as well, they will be changed in a twinkling of an eye and caught up in the air with Jesus and those who rise in the first resurrection. 

The Bible said,

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matt. 24-14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Brother Gene, do you believe from the time of Jesus' first coming to the time of His second coming that the Gospel will be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations? 

You believe billions of people won't hear the Gospel before Jesus comes right? If so, how do you explain the Bible saying the Gospel is to be preached to "all the world ", "to every creature ", "all nations "? 

Unfortunately, you believe during the 1000 years is the time for another (second) chance for those who didn't hear the Gospel... But the time is on this side of the 1000 years to hear the Gospel and make the calling of our election sure. 

So yes, GOD saves, but once the Loud Cry (the Great ingathering) is done, His work as mediator is finished for the world. That is done before Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him. It's a nice thought, but the Bible doesn't teach there is a second chance to be saved after His second coming. 

Blessings! 

Well said reasoning if Gene chooses to reply to this you will find he will pull out some texts from the Old Testament. If you read those texts in isolation to what the Bible says about salvation you could well come to see it the same way that Gene does.  But as we know that approach to Bible study will lead you away from the pure truths we have in the Bible. 

Hello Reasoning, nice to speak with you again,

Yes, I believe the gospel will be preached in all the world just as Jesus said,

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Noticed, Jesus said “this gospel of the kingdom”, not the gospel of Loud Cry or anything else, but this gospel of the kingdom.

Now, let’s examine in its simplicity what that is. It is the same message proclaimed by Jesus himself. Stands the reason he stated as such “this gospel of the kingdom”.

Why; because there will be false prophets as he says, but this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world…

Now, the gospel or “good news” is about the kingdom of God.

Mark 1:14 After Yohannan was delivered up, Yeshua came to Galilee and was preaching The Gospel of the Kingdom of God. 15And he said, "Time is coming to an end. The Kingdom of God has arrived. Repent and believe in The Good News."

Luke 11:1 It was that when he was praying in a certain place, when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Our Lord*, teach us to pray, just as Yohannan also taught his disciples."

2Yeshua said to them, "When you pray, you shall say thus: 'Our Father, who are in Heaven, 'Hallowed be your name, let your Kingdom come, let your will be done also in the earth as it is in Heaven.'

The true gospel is about the kingdom of God being implemented in the earth; let your will be done also in the earth as it is in Heaven.'

That is truly good news. Yes, everyone will hear this gospel, but that doesn’t mean they will believe it or understand it now.

Do you believe it or understand it? I’m preaching it to you right now. This gospel is the good news which Jesus preached, it’s not the gospel about Jesus.

Peace 

Gene wrote: "Yes, I believe the gospel will be preached in all the world just as Jesus said,
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."
 Gene wrote: "Noticed, Jesus said “this gospel of the kingdom”, not the gospel of Loud Cry or anything else, but this gospel of the kingdom."

Brother Gene, that is not what I asked you, I agree with you, "the Gospel will be preached in all the world just as Jesus said ", but I asked,  do you believe the Gospel will be preached to all nations, all people before Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, what everybody acknowledges as the second coming

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

I know you believe after the second coming of Jesus you believe that is when those who didn't get a chance to hear and understand the Gospel will have another chance during the 1000 years, But that concept in flawed. All the world and every creature (everybody) will get the Gospel preached to them. The Bible is clear on that point. Your view says different, it says no.... not everybody will have a chance to hear the Gospel preached to them before Jesus' second coming. 

Gene wrote: "That is truly good news. Yes, everyone will hear this gospel, but that doesn’t mean they will believe it or understand it now."

If the manifestation of the Holy Spirit during the Loud Cry, the time the Latter rain is given, if that doesn't make a person a believer, then they choose not to see the clear evidences and reject GOD. But there is no more chances during the 1000 years to finally get it right. 

I agree with you about the Kingdom here on earth, as I told you before... It's just that you believe its during the 1000 years and I believe its during the Loud Cry, the time of the great ingathering of the people of GOD from the fallen churches and the world. 

After the Holy Spirit, the work of the Angel of Rev.18 has finished the work of spreading Gospel to "all the world ", there are no more chances brother Gene. The time is now, on this side of the 1000 years to make the calling of our election sure. There is no 1000 years on earth to get it right, the earth will be desolate, burned Up... The seven last plagues will do so much damage there will be nothing left, that's why Jeremiah saw that the earth was desolate. 

So I'm with you, preach the Kingdom, Amen brother ... but preach it right. 

Blessings! 

Reasoning,

It’s not that I hold that people will have a second chance, but there are certainly other dynamics at play that’s are out of our human control.

2 Corinthians 4:4 says this,

3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.…

So, you asked, “do you believe the Gospel will be preached to all nations, all people before Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, what everybody acknowledges as the second coming?”

The text reads,

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The gospel of the kingdom will be preached (proclaimed, herald) broadcasted for a witness unto all nations. This does mean that everyone will hear or understand it (there are other dynamics at play), but certainly it will stand as a witness of that truth; the kingdom of God truth.

So, when the kingdom of God come into this world, they may then acknowledge that truth. The 1000 years is not a second chance. It is a time when the god of this age will no longer have influence over the minds of unbelievers.

2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled:

Those who live under this period shall be without excuse. Those who are called now will minister the kingdom of God.

Do you know why you are called or why you are saved?

He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal.

Gene said: The gospel of the kingdom will be preached (proclaimed, herald) broadcasted for a witness unto all nations. This does mean that everyone will hear or understand it (there are other dynamics at play), but certainly it will stand as a witness of that truth; the kingdom of God truth.

Yes, Gene, this is the problem you have you use one text and say that proves your point of view, well it just so happens that there is another text that will prove you wrong. 

Rev 18:1  After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory.  

The whole earth was illuminated meaning everyone will fully understand the issues at hand. 

Peace

Gene wrote: "It’s not that I hold that people will have a second chance, but there are certainly other dynamics at play that’s are out of our human control."

Thank you brother Gene... Ok, you have a way with words, simple question, do you believe when Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, those people that are not wicked or righteous, the "deceived" as you call them, do you believe during the 1000 years those people will have another chance to be in the Kingdom? 

you say "there are certainly other dynamics at play..".. and you point to 2 Corinthians 4:

3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God...

Gene wrote: "The gospel of the kingdom will be preached (proclaimed, herald) broadcasted for a witness unto all nations. This does [not] mean that everyone will hear or understand it (there are other dynamics at play), but certainly it will stand as a witness of that truth; the kingdom of God truth."

I inserted 'not' in your statement, is that a correct thing to do? Because that's what you have been teaching all along, that not everyone will hear or understand. If not, please explain your statement.

If so, These "dynamics at play" you talk about doesn't exist during the 1000 years... When Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, there are only two class of people, only two my brother.... There are righteous and unrighteous, the Just and unjust, Wheat & tares, good fish & bad fish, sheep & goat... Jesus is coming for the Wheat, and the only class left is the tares, and they will burned. 

1 Cor. 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

These "dynamics at play" you speak of has been at play from the beginning of time, and Thank GOD for HIS Grace & Salvation to remedy these dynamics, however there is a time when probation closes, just like the door of the Ark, there won't be a reopening for those to enter. The time is now to make the calling of our election sure on this side of the 1000 years.

You believe the deceived are not wicked, in your mind there's a third category when Jesus comes, you believe it's righteous, unrighteous, and the deceived.

Gene wrote : "The wicked will not stand in the judgment; but everyone is not wicked, some people are deceived. There are untold billions who have lived and died and have never heard of Jesus, there are billions of people who live on the planet now that don’t know Jesus; when will they be judged and how will they be judged?"

The " deceived" are in the same boat as fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, drunkards, etc... The Bible say they won't be in the Kingdom.... "the deceived " are wicked when Jesus comes. Your teaching different from what the Bible teaches.

Can we agree the deceived are wicked? and that they are in the same category as all the other wicked people, the fornicators, idolaters, etc... ?

If you can't understand this then I might start believing you really don't want to see clear truth.. 

Gene wrote: "I have never state that those deceived would be in the kingdom of God, but you must come to an understanding of what the kingdom of God truly is, and the purpose of the ones who are worthy to receive it. I know you may believe that those in the kingdom of God will build mansion and visit one another and go over books; that human imagination." 

Do you believe the deceived will have another opportunity to be in the Kingdom during the 1000 years? 

No, I don't believe the righteous will build mansions in Heaven, Jesus said there are mansions already in Heaven that He is preparing, that where He is we can be there too. I have proof from the Bible that the righteous will take flight, which shows they are going somewhere. The righteous dead and living will be in the air with Jesus, only the wicked (which includes the deceived) will be left on earth, and they burn up by the brightness of His coming. 

During the 1000 years the earth will be desolate, that is what Jeremiah saw... Why? Because the righteous went to Heaven and the wicked was burned up, there is nobody (human) left on earth my brother.

Blessings! 

Reasoning, thank you for your question:

“those people that are not wicked or righteous, the "deceived" as you call them, do you believe during the 1000 years those people will have another chance to be in the Kingdom?”

Let me clear up the “wicked or righteous, the "deceived for you briefly.  I think the bible shows us this.

How does one become righteous? Romans chapter 8 says,

For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those He predestined He also called; those He called He also justified; those He justified He also glorified.

So, here we have a group that is justified (made righteous) by God.

Looking at the wicked, Job 21, that entire chapter is about the wicked describes them as saying

14 Therefore they (the wicked) say unto God, Depart from us; for we desire not the knowledge of thy ways.

The bible tells us that Satan has deceived the whole world. Those who are called are no longer deceived, the wicked are not deceived because they have a knowledge of God but rejects it.

Darby Bible Translation

And the great dragon was cast out, the ancient serpent, he who is called Devil and Satan, he who deceives the whole habitable world, he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2 Corinthians 4:3 says,

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.…

The world is perishing, those in the world cannot see, they are blind and therefore deceived by the god of this world.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service