Adventist Online

Is Jesus saving the world or did he only come to give mankind one last chance to be saved?  Is God trying desperately to save the world, or has he left the opportunity to be saved upon mankind itself?

When you hear some say, those who are not part of the first resurrection will be lost forever, one can only ask; how is God saving the world?  Can God save those who are not part of the first resurrection, does he not have the power of salvation in his hands? Or is there something, a mystery about God’s salvation that may not be known or understood?

One day, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” Jesus explained his reasoning.

He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.…Matthew 13: 11

Are there mysteries (secrets) that are not given to some, but are given to others? Jesus called it, the knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, which is not given to everyone.  Jesus explains this by saying,

13This is why I speak to them in parables: ‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Some, Jesus said, will not and do not understand the secrets or mysteries of the kingdom of God.  In Mark 4:11 we are given greater detail.

And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables, 12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

Is Jesus purposefully concealing knowledge so that some may not turn and be forgiven? Are some ever seeing but never perceiving or hearing but never understanding? are there secrets that some do not understand about God’s salvation?

As Christians, we have believed salvation is for one to turn and be forgiven, but here Jesus says, the knowledge of the mystery is being hidden so that some might not turn and be forgiven.

In John 17, Jesus prayed for his disciples, he prayed,

I am praying concerning them. I do not pray concerning the world, but concerning those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Why did Jesus not pray for the world, but only for the disciples? Yet Jesus was sent to save the world. The bible tells us this in John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

This is somewhat of a paradox. If the mystery is being hidden so that some might not turn and be forgiven; how can everyone believe in Him so they shall not perish but have eternal life?

Yet, Jesus did not pray for the world he came to save, only for the disciples. He spoke in parable to hide the secrets of the kingdom of God from those who were not within; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.

What is the secret, or the mysteries of the kingdom of God? How will Jesus save the whole world? And why was the mysteries of the kingdom of God only given to the disciples?

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace 

Gene wrote: "The world is perishing, those in the world cannot see, they are blind and therefore deceived by the god of this world."

I understand that, however your not answering my specific questions...

Can we agree the deceived are wicked? and that they are in the same category as all the other wicked people, the fornicators, idolaters, etc... ?

The time Jesus comes in the clouds when all eyes can see Him, what most Christians knows as the second coming... When Jesus comes at this time there are only two categories, righteous and unrighteous, there is no other category of people. The deceived people are wicked base on scripture , 

1 Cor. 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Brother Gene, I know you know the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom, Being deceived is mentioned first on a list of unrighteousness in this verse. So when Jesus comes and a person is still deceived, then they are amongst the wicked, unrighteous, bad fish, tare, they will burn by the brightness of Jesus' coming. 

Everyone will hear the Gospel preached, they will have a choice to make, it's been going on since Jesus came the first time and the last time to be amongst the righteous is during the Loud Cry. 

Gene wrote : "The wicked will not stand in the judgment; but everyone is not wicked, some people are deceived. There are untold billions who have lived and died and have never heard of Jesus, there are billions of people who live on the planet now that don’t know Jesus; when will they be judged and how will they be judged?"

Your problem is you believe the deceived is not wicked when Jesus comes, isn't that correct? 

The reason you believe that is because your trying to create a scene not taught in the Bible, and that is people being here during the 1000 years. Jeremiah saw the whole earth and it was desolate my brother. The whole earth! But you want people to believe there will be "billions " on earth who are deceived that will have another chance to get right during the 1000 years. 

The time of the great ingathering of Zech.14 is during the Loud Cry/Latter rain, and that is before the 1000 years. Once that is over, the door is shut, probation is closed for the world, just like the time of Noah. 

Bless! 

Probation as you speak of it is not a biblical teaching. Yes, Jesus will return, but his return is for the restitution of all things (Acts 3:21). Probation ends only at the Great White Throne judgment.

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne. And there were open books, and one of them was the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books….

14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire.…

15And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.…

So, what events will take place between the second coming and this time?  God’s purpose and His plan of salvation is far greater that minds can imagine.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood, 6who has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father…

Why does God need a kingdom of priest in heaven or does He?

Elijah,

If it is by Jesus we are saved, how will Sodom and Gomorrah know Jesus? When will they know he die for their sins? Whe will they have a chance to receive this salvation?

You have a very poor understanding about salvation history Gene. Did Adam Know Jesus did Noah Know Jesus did Abraham know Jesus Did Gideon Know Jesus? The Bible tells us about many people who did not know Jesus. who are saved If you do not understand how this can be,  you need to study salvation some more. 

Peace 

Gene wrote: "Probation as you speak of it is not a biblical teaching. Yes, Jesus will return, but his return is for the restitution of all things (Acts 3:21). Probation ends only at the Great White Throne judgment.

Sure it is my brother.... When Jesus comes and all eyes can see Him, what Christendom called the second coming, the time Jesus comes with His reward and give every person according as his work...

Rev.22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be

... when Jesus comes quickly with His reward, those who are unjust will stay unjust. So that means probation had to close pior to Jesus' coming. So to say probation the way I talk about it is not spoken of in the Bible is a false statement on your part. 

The time is now brother Gene, we have to preach the Gospel to the world, and it will get preach to all, and everyone must make a choice. If a person makes the right choice or make the calling of their election sure, they will take flight to meet Jesus in the air to head to Heaven. 

The earth will be burned up and desolate for a 1000 years. Your teaching billions will have another chance to get right with GOD during the 1000 years, and that's a Fib. But hey, we have to agree to disagree.

Blessings to you and family! :) 

Dear Reasoning,

The book of Revelation is not for the world, the revelation is given to the servants of God, this is made clear in verse one.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass…

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Are the ones who have been called.

Romans 8:30 And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.…

Not all who are called will be chosen, but those who are called, are predestined to be in the image of the Son.

When Christ stop mediating the new convent for those who are called (Hebrews 9:15), those who are unjust, filthy, righteous and holy will remain.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The rewards that are given will be according to their works that shall be in the kingdom

This is for those who are called, whom Jesus is now the mediator for.

Elijah, also pointed out Revelation 18: 1 to prove that everyone will have known at Jesus second coming.

1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

But again, the bible directs our attention to those whom the message is for.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Jesus says to the church in Laodicea (as the church is a symbol of those who have been called out of the world)

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Beyond this, the bible shares a new vision for those called;

Revelation 1:5-6 …Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.

Those who are called are called according to his purpose:

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal.

WHY ARE THOSE CALLED, MADE KINGS AND PRIEST UNTO GOD? Which is His purpose, but why, does the SOP answer that question, have you ever asked that question? AND WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE WORLD?

The world is deceived, those in the world are not wicked, but blind and led into evilness as we see that exists in murder, war, poverty and  much, much more.

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Spiritual forces of evil, powers of this world's darkness. The coming of Christ will usher in true light, for the first time since the fall of Adam, the world will have true light.

And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

The nations will no longer be deceived, the world will no longer be ruled by Spiritual forces of evil, powers of this world's darkness, but by the sons of God, the children of the resurrection.

Romans 8

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God…

True the Word Probation does not appear in the Bible. But it is clear enough that humans are subject to Gods forbearance and indignation.

For example Sodom and Gomorrah. Gen 18:20  And the LORD said, "Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because God found them to far gone in sin to continue.

” Ezekiel 16:48 “‘As I live, the Lord God says, Sodom and her daughters have never been as wicked as you and your daughters. 49 Your sister Sodom’s sins were pride, laziness, and too much food, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door. 50 She insolently worshiped many idols as I watched. Therefore I crushed her. (TLB)

Did the people in those cities have the same chance to know God as anyone else I do believe so? So where was the second chance for the “Deceived”? It was never there. In the same way, there will not be a second chance for anyone else not even in the time of the second coming, it is just your and Herbert W Armstrong's fantasy!

Those who will live during the 1000 years will not be in the kingdom of God, but will live under the kingdom of God.  This will be their opportunity to believe and accept Jesus without the influence  of Satan.

Jesus describe those who will be in the kingdom this way in Luke 20

….35But those who are considered worthy to share in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. 36In fact, they can no longer die, because they are like the angels. And since they are sons of the resurrection, they are sons of God.…

They are like the angels (spirits being) they can no longer die, and they are sons of God.

Contrast these sons of God with the description of those living on earth during the 1000 years found in Isaiah 65.

20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. 21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

These people live and die during this period and will resurrected at the second resurrection. Those sons of God will forever be son of God like Jesus.

If we go beyond the 1000 years, the bible shows us something else.

Revelation 21:3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

These are those who are saved out of the second resurrection, they were not like the ones of the first resurrection. God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. The ones of the first resurrection are like the angels (spirits being) they can no longer die, and they are sons of God; this is not them.

Everyone will be saved but the wicked, those who are called and found worthy will be shining stars forever, spirit being in the kingdom of God. Others will live forever as men.

24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Gene your favorite pastime is to mix up bible passages plucked out to suit your vim and mix them together and that you think will support your doctrine. May I suggest you use the Revelation as well or are you scared. 

The secret for salvation is;

accept Jesus as your Savior

Be baptize

confess you sins to one and others

and live according the word of God, keep His commandments and have the faith of Jesus.

Their is now secret for salvation. Everything is open for mankind to be save in the Bible.

When you become a Christian you are a disciple of God, and the kingdom of God will not be a  mystery for you.

Benicio, thanks for your reply,

You’re speaking of the process of salvation

…if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I’m speaking of the purpose. You say, when one becomes a Christian they are a disciple of God, and the kingdom of God will not be a mystery for you.

Exactly, as Jesus told his disciples,

And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables, 12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

So, it is said in verse twelve;

12 so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.

This is somewhat perplexing wouldn’t you say, because if Jesus came to save the world why this, ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven?

Isn’t forgiveness the reason for being saved?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service