Adventist Online

putting forth an idea for your consideration

MATT 8

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

LUKE 7

7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

of course given the sins of Rome and  Roman Soldiers being transplanted thru out the Empire (psst.. ISRAEL) to make sure of stability and whatnot... :P

A Gay Centurion
Comes Out To Jesus

For many centuries before Matthew and Luke wrote their Gospels, the Greek word pais was commonly used to refer to the younger partner in a same sex relationship. The younger partner was often an adult male but was sometimes a teenager.

The use of pais in this social and historical context leads some to believe that the story of the Roman centurion and his pais in Matthew 8 and Luke 7 tells the real story of the day Jesus met and blessed a gay man. Although this understanding of the text is controversial, it is important for us to discuss and understand it in our conversation about the Bible and homosexuality.

As we begin our study of this true story about a gay Centurion, from Matthew 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10, it is important to remember that we are two thousand years removed from these events. For that reason, traditionalists cannot prove their contention, that the centurion and his pais-servant, were not same sex lovers. It is equally impossible to prove to everyone’s satisfaction, that this was a gay centurion and his pais-beloved-gay lover.

Jesus meets
a gay centurion

If we cannot prove, to everyone’s satisfaction, that this story is about a gay centurion, why bother discussing this controversy?

The short answer is that scripture is important and what we believe, based on scripture, is important. For centuries, the organized church has insisted gay people are never presented in the Bible in a positive light.

Many Christians refuse to believe that God would include a positive story about a gay Centurion in the Bible. In recent centuries, many openly gay Christians have been excluded from the spiritual life of the church.

Our goal is to examine the available evidence. If the evidence and a faithful, believing approach to scripture supports the understanding that this story is about a gay centurion and his pais-same sex lover, that dramatic fact should be public knowledge.

there was paganism/temple rites and pediophilia and sexual slavery in the empire also in honour of their own gods and whims

SOME CAME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE AND SAD JUST LIKE WITH THE HETEROSEXUAL COUNTERPARTS MANY DID NOT

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE WHEREVER YOU GO

:)

Jesus never asked what lifestyle they live before HE healed them

Who ever so ever came to HIM was healed

period!

MAN WHAT A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone else think of a better way to share to a broken LGBTQIAA

to open the heart to this wonderful GOD for ultimate healing?

ouside of John 3:16 and Jer 31:3 Zeph 3:17  Rom 5:8 and Rom 8:1.. well i can go on and on :)

Views: 1254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The entire Old testament then existed 

My point was that it was NOT called the Bible.

That's fine, you're right that they didn't call it the Bible then, but I was referring to it as that because they had the books of the OT.  Take care and God bless.

The Cannon we have is the TENAKH.

The Tanakh (/tɑːˈnɑːx/;[1] Hebrew: תַּנַ"ךְ‎, pronounced [taˈnaχ] or [təˈnax]; also Tenakh, Tenak, Tanach) or Mikra is the canon of the Hebrew Bible. The traditional Hebrew text is known as the Masoretic Text.

Tanakh is an acronym of the first Hebrew letter of each of the Masoretic Text's three traditional subdivisions: Torah ("Teaching", also known as the Five Books of Moses), Nevi'im ("Prophets") and Ketuvim ("Writings")—hence TaNaKh. The name "Mikra" (מקרא), meaning "that which is read", is another Hebrew word for the Tanakh. The books of the Tanakh were passed on by each generation, and according to rabbinic tradition were accompanied by an oral tradition, called the Oral Torah.

Further the Cannon continues with books written by the Disciples, those that had direct contact with Jesus.

Now, to attempt to excise portions that disagree with a desired lifestyle is simply rebellion.

Also, Revelation 22:18-19, "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll."

In fact, I was considering also how the claim was made in this post that "Pais" referred to the younger person in a sexual relationship.  But if you look at the definition of "Pais" the “younger” association is "child, boy, girl, infant," and servant also includes "slave"  (see definitions posted in my previous comment on pg 6).  So, in cases where the word has sexual connotations this would almost certainly be referring to pedophilia or sex slavery.

It is a well known fact that throughout history (as well as today in modern America) many people have practiced pedophilia and perpetuated human trafficking of sex slaves/servants.  So the fact that a term associated with "servant" might also have this kind of historical context is not surprising. 

But the fact that the term is also listed as a name for servants or attendants in general, as well as being defined as a title of the Messiah, shows that it certainly does not always have sexual connotations.

If it were true that "Pais" referred to in Matthew 8 and Luke 7 had sexual connotations and that Jesus’ act of healing the servant condoned such a relationship, that would mean that Jesus is in favor of pedophilia or sex slavery!

Since those are criminal acts punishable by law in virtually every country, (not just in the theocracy of ancient Judaism) – it is an outrageous claim to suggest that Jesus would have approved of such a thing in any way.

Many people try to make Jesus out to either be a sinner or to condone sin.   "These things you have done and I kept silence; You thought that I was just like you; I will reprove you and state the case in order before your eyes...” Psalm 50:21

At the same time that He loves sinners, Jesus hates sin.

Do you believe in the power of God?

We serve a powerful God!

"Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church." DA 671.2

Well said sister Vicki.

o no no no Vicki

u see all those people that JESUS healed had all kinds of sin going on in them and their lives and choices

He didnt approve of their choices or lives

HE Loved THEM

them!

not their sins

he healed THEEEEEEM!

praise GOD!

and GBU Vicki

hope this post finds u well

ZJOutback GBU 2

MFG you are a poor deluded person who thinks that Jesus would ever condone any sin. Jesus healed sinners yes but His parting words to them was "go and sin no more."

Permalink Reply by Lazarus 34 minutes ago

MFG you are a poor deluded person who thinks that Jesus would ever condone any sin. Jesus healed sinners yes but His parting words to them was "go and sin no more."

i dont think u read my post right

GBU

i didnt say he condoned sin

GBU

my Brother in JESUS

#what i am implying is anyone who came to HIM was healed

well more than implying :)

Neither do i Condem u!  go an sin nor more

don't leave out the crucial power/love/grace behind it

THE GOSPEL

#ohh no wonder u are like this

:/

well i would be too

#outoftheabundanceoftheheartbothspeaks

Since we are talking gay fantasy and some are so happy to portray a Roman soldier as a pedophile then we should be OK with this stunning revelation by a paragon of truth (hollywood entertainer).  Asked by a street reporter whether a gay president or a female president will take office first, Rivers replied, "We already have it with Obama." 

Two months later she is dead.  True story.  You decide if she was joking or not.  

well...

i can tell you that most people are comfortable when gays stay in the closet and get married and have children

we all have to live our lives and make our own choices

coming out if he is

i dont know him

is a personal choice

u cant out people

we don't ever have to live with the ramifications

..she goes for the joke!

every time

There is more proof that Obama is gay, than there is that Jesus heals a gay lovers sex slave.   

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service