Adventist Online

putting forth an idea for your consideration

MATT 8

And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,

And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.

The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

LUKE 7

7 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.

And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

of course given the sins of Rome and  Roman Soldiers being transplanted thru out the Empire (psst.. ISRAEL) to make sure of stability and whatnot... :P

A Gay Centurion
Comes Out To Jesus

For many centuries before Matthew and Luke wrote their Gospels, the Greek word pais was commonly used to refer to the younger partner in a same sex relationship. The younger partner was often an adult male but was sometimes a teenager.

The use of pais in this social and historical context leads some to believe that the story of the Roman centurion and his pais in Matthew 8 and Luke 7 tells the real story of the day Jesus met and blessed a gay man. Although this understanding of the text is controversial, it is important for us to discuss and understand it in our conversation about the Bible and homosexuality.

As we begin our study of this true story about a gay Centurion, from Matthew 8:5-13 & Luke 7:1-10, it is important to remember that we are two thousand years removed from these events. For that reason, traditionalists cannot prove their contention, that the centurion and his pais-servant, were not same sex lovers. It is equally impossible to prove to everyone’s satisfaction, that this was a gay centurion and his pais-beloved-gay lover.

Jesus meets
a gay centurion

If we cannot prove, to everyone’s satisfaction, that this story is about a gay centurion, why bother discussing this controversy?

The short answer is that scripture is important and what we believe, based on scripture, is important. For centuries, the organized church has insisted gay people are never presented in the Bible in a positive light.

Many Christians refuse to believe that God would include a positive story about a gay Centurion in the Bible. In recent centuries, many openly gay Christians have been excluded from the spiritual life of the church.

Our goal is to examine the available evidence. If the evidence and a faithful, believing approach to scripture supports the understanding that this story is about a gay centurion and his pais-same sex lover, that dramatic fact should be public knowledge.

there was paganism/temple rites and pediophilia and sexual slavery in the empire also in honour of their own gods and whims

SOME CAME TO THE SAVING KNOWLEDGE AND SAD JUST LIKE WITH THE HETEROSEXUAL COUNTERPARTS MANY DID NOT

CAUSE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE WHEREVER YOU GO

:)

Jesus never asked what lifestyle they live before HE healed them

Who ever so ever came to HIM was healed

period!

MAN WHAT A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone else think of a better way to share to a broken LGBTQIAA

to open the heart to this wonderful GOD for ultimate healing?

ouside of John 3:16 and Jer 31:3 Zeph 3:17  Rom 5:8 and Rom 8:1.. well i can go on and on :)

Views: 1256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes true Heisenberg

Gen 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made....... 13 .........  And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

I beleave  the HOLY SPIRIT gave me this message for you M.F.G. my brother i hope you heed it .......

GODS LOVE/CHRIST LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL ..........BUT...............SALVATION  IS CONDITIONAL     YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO..... LET GO ..........

TO BE ABLE TO...... HOLD ON..

GOD BLESS  (ps..A MORE SINFUL SOUL THAN YOU).

I beleave  the HOLY SPIRIT gave me this message for you M.F.G. my brother i hope you heed it .......

GODS LOVE/CHRIST LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL ..........BUT...............SALVATION  IS CONDITIONAL     YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO..... LET GO ..........

TO BE ABLE TO...... HOLD ON..

GOD BLESS  (ps..A MORE SINFUL SOUL THAN YOU).

God already got me!

HE saved me!

He did heavy duty heart surgery on me

and the same message u give is the same message for ALL OF US

AMEN!

#before JESUS said Go and sin no more HE offered the Non condemnation!

that wells up in the heart and out of that SAFETY and UNcondional LOVE

HE pours out we are made new

to sin no more

have to wonder why good people leave the GOSPEL out  :/

Hi there Man Flower Grow

Hope everything is well. I posted a new discussion in reply to this post. I hope you find time to read it and God Bless

I don't believe any of this for one second. These days people try to  force interpretations and ideas   in the bible that are so odd and have such little foundation , wheras the actual  truth is supported with glaring evidence and it is ignored. I guess we are all guilty of seeing what we want to see at times and being blind as a bat to God's truth.   But even if this latest scenario of the Centurion being gay were remotely true, Jesus did not heal people and leave them to return to the state they were prior to the healing.   Jesus would not say, " Thy lover is healed , not go to him and continue in your lifestyle of sin" . With each healing came a call for change in that person's life to follow Jesus and abandon ALL sin. Jesus often said after each healing " Go and Sin no more" .  Now I am sure Jesus did not discriminate against anyone in need , be they gay or straight.  The healing was done out of grace and to compel people to seek the kingdom and repent from sin. Although I am sure not everyone chose to repent and we even have example of that from the story of the lepers that Jesus healed, where only one returned  to thank him and follow him and they others quickly forgot who healed them and were unthankful and likely  returned to sin.

Dear sir

I need a little clarity on the discussions going on here..

Are you saying that God will save you inspite of you continuing in sin...?

Are you saying that God is and will save you from it...?

Are you still practicing it...or saved from it?

am not a regular visitor to this site and am overwhelmed by the voluminous discussions you post regularly but i somehow couldnt find these answers...

hope you would kindly spent few minutes on me....

yours sincerely

DM

Don't be surprised if you get a rambling non answer.    

Dear sir

I need a little clarity on the discussions going on here..

Are you saying that God will save you inspite of you continuing in sin...?

Are you saying that God is and will save you from it...?

Are you still practicing it...or saved from it?

am not a regular visitor to this site and am overwhelmed by the voluminous discussions you post regularly but i somehow couldnt find these answers...

hope you would kindly spent few minutes on me....

yours sincerely

DM

GBU David Mathew

i am not on the internet alot on purpose so i just saw this now that i am here

its nice to meet u

i dont know your image of GOD u hold in your heart

but there is no one here who can claim they dont sin

and being gay isnt a sin

and someone saying they are gay doesn't mean they having  gay sex at this very moment shaking their fist at GOD at a parade on a float with Madonna playing in the background (or Liza)

anymore when someone says they are straight mean they  are fornicating, passing out STD's and making unwanted babies

God has saved me

and i live with my gay christian buddy (of 25 years) and because of GOD's unconditional love and complete forgiveness HE gave us a precious GIFT we cant manufacture on our own

CELIBACY

i realize at the same time my fellow tribesmen and women do not share that story or understanding of GOD

and must be loved and respected and given dignity by God's children regardless on where they stand on their walk or understanding

and should not  force people to make life/partner choices

(all are in progress just like you!)

God gives these things to all sinners....

Matt 44 But I tell you, love your enemies(of your morals and theology etc.) and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

and asks you also to give these things overflowing from a heart that has been Born again

He is your LORD i hope

GBU

#its ok if we dont see eye to eye

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;          (1 Timothy 2:23-25)

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishnIfess unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.(John 16:13)

Let's remember to pray. God has all the answers!

maybe a few of u here have close gay friends who don't know God and u can watch and pray for the opportunity to share this

praise GOD

Is it the tendency towards homosexuality or the actual sexual action that's a sin? Is it looking a cute girl or a cute guy though married the sin, or is it the extramarrital sexual act that is the sin?  Please enlighten me.....

Is it the tendency towards homosexuality or the actual sexual action that's a sin? Is it looking a cute girl or a cute guy though married the sin, or is it the extramarrital sexual act that is the sin?  Please enlighten me

well being gay in itself is not a a sin anymore than being straight

i know that is still up for debate till the cows come home

what is sure is what Jesus said about lust

Mat 5:28

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

btw Jesus did not address homosexuality here ,which is obvious, for He could have added

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a man lustfully has already committed adultery with him in his heart.

but it didn't come up cause HE was addressing the people in front of Him in Israel

that echos down the ages

If Jesus was in Rome with a majority of folks are Romans

could it have been said differently?

perhaps

its all about the heart towards another  and GOD ... isnt it?

GBU Anthony

hope we can share more here

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com