Adventist Online

Remember everyone, if someone does a wrong to you or hurts you in some way, don't get revenge. Just give it all over to Jesus. Jesus is the great healer. Two wrongs don't make a right. The bible says "revenge is mine saith the lord" and that we should "love our enemies, bless those who curse us, do good to those who hate us, and pray for those who spitefully use us and persecute us." Cast all your cares upon him for he cares for you!" When you give all your cares to Jesus he will give you a peace in your heart knowing that you are safe in the Lord "....My peace i give to you....let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid."
Texts: Romans 12:19, Matthew 5: 43,44, 1 Peter 5:7. John 14:27

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is straight from the Word of God and I say Amen to that. Someone once said "If you hate me I will always be on your mind, however, if you love me I will always be in your heart". The later is always the best way. When we love even our enemies that's the time when the love of God is revealed through our lives. May we walk in the light as He is in the light 1John 1:7. God Bless

Thank you Hilton--excellent comment!

That is very true Hilton and that is the solution to the problems that we have in the world today. If we resolve things the way Jesus wants us to then much can be accomplished. 

Thank you Kate. To me, this is one of the greatest themes in the Bible.

Oh that we might learn it better ! and be more skilled in doing good to those that hate us... overcoming evil with good.

For many of us, it is a "hard saying". The unsanctified heart wants to fight, wants to retaliate, wants to argue and be spiteful. (All the while thinking perhaps, that we would be doing God 'service' by venting some our our [imagined] righteous indignation.) But if we act that way, we are really building our house [our life] on such a weak foundation, that when the storm comes, we will simply collapse (spiritually speaking).

I believe we are coming into a time when we will have to face many provocations -- some very personal, I am sure. But unless we have learned to respect our enemies, and to do real good to those that actively hate us, we will make a mess, and dishonor God.

"Love your enemies...", especially our most personal ones.

"...when we were [His] enemies [constantly fighting Him], we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son..."  (Romans 5:10)

Hello Kate,

I certainly agree with all you have written here.

God bless you!

God has shown me time and time again when I leave things in His hands, he means what He says when He says vengeance is His.  Also, I have learned with time, that harboring bitterness does only the person harboring it damage.  The perpetrator rarely if ever cares.  You are essentially allowing them to victimize again by carrying around the sharp blade of bitterness internally.  God does repay.  His word is sure.  He has allowed me to see it time and time again.

I think the part of leaving it in the hands of God is crucial. At times human nature wants to take over and solve. However, when through faith we leave it in His hands He comes through for us. Many times I have come a broken man before God. His forgiveness and release of all the clutter in my life made me so aware that I was no better than an a perceived enemy (I needed salvation). In that moment the realization struck that those who are forgiven much will love much because of God's grace in their own lives. For all the times God has forgiven me I can barely look to heaven but in my heart I know His grace is sufficient for even me and those that may want to cause harm to me. My prayer in that instant, Father forgive them as You have forgiven a sinner like me.

Thank you for this thought Kate.

When we follow Christ, we get free enemies. Many years ago, a man despised me and could not stand seen me. I was unaware of that. I simply treated him as I treated other people. Whenever he or his family had a need, I did my utmost to help. After several months befriending him, he told me about how he used to feel about me. At that time he had become one of my best friends. He was one of two individuals in that area with the same attitude and the Lord changed both to become my friends.

Years later, I was accused of a terrible act. I immediately went to the police and volunteered for a lie detection test. I passed it right away and after some investigation, it was proven that the accusation was unfounded and I was cleared of any wrongdoing. I left things in the hands of God. Some time passed and the husband of the lady was accused of the same crime. A crime that I know for sure that was impossible for him to commit. Regardless of my letter to the judge pleading for mercy, the lack of real evidence and the witnesses on his behalf, he was sent to prison for four years. The evil planned against me was turned against them. All that time that he spent in prison I was praying for his safety and God heard the prayers for my enemy. His wife (my accuser) invited me to their house the other day for lunch and we recently spent a day together at a zoo. The best we can do is leaving your enemies in the hands of God and to continue praying for their salvation. Harvesting the fruit of the seeds they plant will at times bring them to their knees before God. There is nothing that I want more than to see everyone that dislike me saved in the kingdom.

You have a 'good' heart as they say. That's how real Christians behave, if we cannot forgive our fellow men how can God forgive us? 

But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions. Matthew 6:15

God asks us to love our enemies so that we might represent Him and His character.

Does God love His enemies?

If so, how far does this go?

Does He love His most personal enemy?

Did God love Lucifer from the beginning?  Did He love him with an everlasting love? ... when he was a friend, and when he became an enemy?

God can't love things that don't exist.

Is. 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Neither is destruction an act of love.  It's just destruction.

The Devil exists today though, doesn't he?

Is it true, only in terms of humanity, that God hates the sin, all the while loving the sinner?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service