Adventist Online

Remember everyone, if someone does a wrong to you or hurts you in some way, don't get revenge. Just give it all over to Jesus. Jesus is the great healer. Two wrongs don't make a right. The bible says "revenge is mine saith the lord" and that we should "love our enemies, bless those who curse us, do good to those who hate us, and pray for those who spitefully use us and persecute us." Cast all your cares upon him for he cares for you!" When you give all your cares to Jesus he will give you a peace in your heart knowing that you are safe in the Lord "....My peace i give to you....let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid."
Texts: Romans 12:19, Matthew 5: 43,44, 1 Peter 5:7. John 14:27

Views: 375

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will ponder these thoughts/quotes. Thank you Rush.

"Are these," he (Satan) says, "the people who are to take my place in heaven, and the place of the angels who united with me?" (Prophets and Kings p.588-589)

Yes.  Everyone's tears will be wiped away.  Even God's.  The fall of Lucifer left a void in God's heart that the redeemed will fill.

That's my perspective.

one of the key ways to start loving is to make restitution or at least acknowledge how we have hurt whole groups of people at a time :)

amen

missionaries at a parade ^

Restoration and reconciliation is all about the Kingdom of God.

amen!

Anytime we draw a line in the sand, making a demarcation between “us” and “them” for the purpose of uniting ourselves against “them,” according to the Jesus story, we have just placed Jesus on the their side of our line.  The Pharisees called them “Sinners.”  Today we have a multitude of labels for them. The moment we determine whom God should exclude we have just become the “older brother,” and Jesus clearly warns that if any are left in outer darkness, it will not be because they could not accept God’s love for themselves, but because they could not accept God’s love for someone else they felt should  be excluded.  The moment it becomes clearly defined who should be included and who should be excluded, we have our marching orders from Jesus, the friend of the marginalized.  According to Jesus, God is with them, and we are with God when we too are with them.  If you would like to experience more fully the radically, sometimes dangerous, inclusive embrace of God’s kingdom more fully, we cannot recommend this month’s presentation more highly.  The Embrace of God­ by Herb Montgomery.

link to sermon THE EMBRACE OF GOD

a GOD Gifted way to love your Enemies is to actually  see  JESUS in each one of your Enemies of your values and religion and theology

ManFlower,

If we have shown disrespect to our enemies, then yes, we should say sorry to them. "In the advocacy of truth [even] the bitterest opponents should be treated with respect and deference." (Gospel Workers p.373) I believe that this is very important.

And yet, I believe that it is still necessary to draw a line of "demarcation between 'us' and 'them'".

That line should not be blurred. "The line of demarcation between our people and the world must ever be kept unmistakably plain." (7Testimonies p.122)

Isn't there a sense in which Christians have to be distinct and separate from open sinners?

We should not give them the impression that their ways are acceptable to God or to us.

Like Jesus, aren't we called to be "separate from sinners" (Heb 7:26)?

While we should learn to love our enemies, it is important to understand that that love does not mean they will have a place in heaven.

ManFlower,

If we have shown disrespect to our enemies, then yes, we should say sorry to them. "In the advocacy of truth [even] the bitterest opponents should be treated with respect and deference." (Gospel Workers p.373) I believe that this is very important.

And yet, it is still necessary that we draw a line of "demarcation between 'us' and 'them'".

That line should not be blurred. "The line of demarcation between our people and the world must ever be kept unmistakably plain." (7Testimonies p.122)

There is a sense in which Christians have to be distinct and separate from open sinners.

We should not give them the impression that their ways are acceptable to us.

Like Jesus, we are called to be "separate from sinners" (Heb 7:26).

And while we should learn to love our enemies, it is important to understand that that love does not mean they will have a place in heaven.

the highest standard is yes to love them amen

we dont love them like we should

and we dont show them that we love them

we need GOD to dwell in our hearts to do that

what does separate saved sinners and unsaved sinners is how we love them

the pharisees saw it was very important to make distinction on how to act to the 'others'

we must flesh it out for the unsaved

the rules and standards and practices may keep us on the straight and narrow

but the highest standard of self sacrificing love of washing their feet and dying on the Cross while extending forgiveness reaches their hearts for JESUS

GBU Stewart ! amen

The line of demarcation between those who serve God and those who serve Him not, is ever to remain distinct. The difference between believers and unbelievers should be as great as the difference between light and darkness. When God’s people take the position that they are the temple of the Holy Ghost, Christ Himself abiding within, they will so clearly reveal Him in spirit, words, and actions, that there will be an unmistakable distinction between them and Satan’s followers....{3SM 211.2}

So how did Jesus maintain this  "line of demarcation"  ?

Luke 2:15 -17  ?

Sorry ZJ, is the Luke 2:15-17 reference the one you want here? About the Shepherds going to Bethlehem?

So how did Jesus maintain this  "line of demarcation"  ?

Luke 2:15 -17  ?

i love your question!

JESUS showed non condemnation in HIS EYES!

that struck a cord in the unchurched like crazy!

allured us!

The light shined!

darkness doesnt do that

thats how you tell

THE FRUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love joy peace patience kindness and self control glorifies our GOD in heaven and draws like nothing else

Praise GOD what a GOD we serve

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by