Adventist Online

My previous discussion was simple in nature and it really got messy when I red the posts.

People didn't get the simple nature of the question and started spilling everyone's blood not to MENTION OTHERS ARE SO OFFENDED with a single word and would demand a definition.

Christianity has become SOOOOOOOOO COMPLICATED.

So here's the catch.

WE ALL KNOW that matters regarding doctrine is not the perfect example of asking people how we should react to organizations we do not support.

HOW ABOUT THIS?

How would you react if your neighbor is an offshoot and you found out they don't have food to eat because of financial constraint? Or what if your office mate is an offshoot (sorry can't find other term except for offshoot so my apologies to the grammar sensitive people out there) should you not greet him or her even if you work under the same office?

How about if you are a teacher and your student is an offshoot or doesn't agree with the teaching of our church.

Personally I DO NOT AGREE AND DISLIKE THE WAY HOW THEY TREAT OUR CHURCH AND VIEW OUR DOCTRINES because I find them very bitter.

But how about things outside the concept of church and doctrine?

HOW SHOULD WE REACT TO OFFSHOOTS?

Views: 969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought you were one of the deceived ones. sorry about the misunderstanding. The statement made by the then vice President in 1976 (i believe he said) is not representative of our church 's position, we still preach the beast and the mark of the beast and the Three angels message  

Has anybody given the definition of an "offshoot"  on this page?  I haven't read every comment.  I know the SDA Church was an offshoot of the Protestant movement, all the way back to the Reformers, they were all considered offshoots, were they really?

NO! you said you know the SDA Church was an offshoot of the Protestant movement? you are wrong,; the SDA church was not an offshoot of anything. 

You react to them the same way you would a colleague, or a Muslim friend, or a Hindu friend or a rastaman. Not everyone will think and believe as we do (they have that right) and we are to treat them the same way Christ would. Be tactful in presenting your doctrines to them and try  to be Christlike in your approach. Some are deliberately and mischievously fighting the doctrines of the church to push their father's agenda. Church leaders should know how to deal with those persons.  

ooo CHRISTLIKE in your approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amen

#may GOD penetrate your heart regarding gays also on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBU my BROTHER AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service