Adventist Online

Many SDA people are led away by Restitution ministries doctrine on the nature of the Holy Spirit.

I was invited by the elder of my SDA church to a secret meeting regarding this doctrine.

I listened to the lowly voice of man from the USA speak of the Holy Spirit as a force.

I asked God afterwards for an answer to this strange doctrine, and received a thought to purchase an electronic Bible for the first time...Now through reading the Bible in Hebrew, I was able to go back and rebut the SDA elder's belief in His theory of faith, but He refused a meeting on this.

I have read the SDA Biblical research report on this , but they fail to convince...this theory of faith will lead many to a wrong understanding of GOD, so while I will present you God's answer to me on this subject, I will lay back for a while, and show you the challenge of this false doctrine....

The Nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery, just as in EGW time she knew little of DNA or the working of genetics, so as knowledge has increased so has our understanding of the work of the Holy Spirit, and much of that work is still a mystery...and will remain so....My beloved elder has left the SDA church and lost his way, tried to form his own church assembly....I will trust those of you with this problem seek answers here...This study comes several years after it came to me, hence the patient wait for some to seek the Bible truth on the Nature of the Holy Spirit.

Indeed the Holy Spirit is a personal co-eternal Being, but how do we confront the offshoot restitution ministries people with our own Bible truth on this subject ?

Views: 1031

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The breath of life is God's power allow us to live.  It is not a soul, a spirit, or a ghost. There is nothing that esoteric about it.  The Holy Spirit is God the same as Yashua or Jahova.  It is not some dumb, deaf, unknowing force.  The Three are One.

@Daniel, thanks so than you sort of agree with my earlier post ?

By saying God's power in us to live, you mean "Elohiym" the heavenly powers , the Father and the Holy Spirit and perhaps Jesus too? or just Father's power administrated by the Holy Spirit ?

What do you mean by the Holy Spirit is God ? I would describe the "Holy Spirit is a co-eternal Being who is a member of the Family of GOD"

What do you mean the Three are one? In English the word one implies singular in number....

The Hebrew word "echad" generally means "united" or "unit" and in some cases if there is no other thing united with it, mean 'one'. I would say there are three heavenly Beings who are united into a single FAMILY of God.

For example

Ge 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning  day one.

Hardly any English translation gets this Hebrew sentence correct...I have written it correctly...

The word echad here has nothing to unite with it, it is alone, and thus means "one"

This is the very start of time for creation, hence day one....the word first is wrong...there was no other day to compare this day to...hence the Hebrew "day one"

Ge 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be unified flesh.

Jeff Benner translation "therefore a man will leave his father

and his mother and he will adhere

with his woman and they will exist

a flesh unit,"

Here the Hebrew echad has another thing with it, and means as it mostly means "unit" or"unified"

There are very cases  "echad" means single numerical one....

Your right of course that God is never a dumb unknowing force...

God bless your ministry

SHalom

Who said that? ...some dumb, deaf, unknowing force.

Rob,

I don’t quit see it that way, you said:

…the Holy Spirit acting as a medium, is channelling the Father's omnipresent powers through the Holy Spirit.

This is how I see it; the Holy Spirit is God’s Spirit (Holy) that He give us that empowers to understand the things of God. In other words, God gives us a piece of himself. Man has a spirit in him (Job 32:8); the human spirit; if man is made in God’s image, and we are, then does God have a spirit in Him?

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:11

Some versions uses the phrase “in the same way” instead of “even so”

Is there anyone who can understand his own thoughts except his own inner spirit? In the same way, no one can know the thoughts of God except God's Spirit.

The Spirit of God is not an independent entity or person, the spirit of God is internal to God; it is God. It searches the deep things of God, its God very own thoughts and mind. When God gives us a piece of His mind He gives us the ability to know the will of God, and empower us to accomplish it in every aspect with authority.

John calls it an unction or an anointing.

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. (1John 2:20)

God has revealed those things to us by his Spirit.

God’s Spirit, which is Holy because it’s God’s. He communicates with our human spirit and inspires it; Job says, the inspiration is God that gives it the understanding.  (Job 32:8)

To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:8)

Man is the only creature that has a spirit.  When God created all the other life forms, He merely said let there be. All life received that existence that, neshamah: breath from God, but only man has been especially designed and equipped to receive God.

Mr brother Gene, its really good to speak with you, and on this public forum other will see how we react with other...and I enjoy a kind presentation of Scripture...Did you read my earlier links to my website with thorough studies ?

Quote :"Man has a spirit in him (Job 32:8);

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit "Ruwach" in man:

and the inspiration of the Almighty "Shadday" giveth them understanding.

This is a poetry parallel There is a ruwach in man, who is a simile of Shadday.

I guess you would say Gene, the Shadday is another functional name for the Father ? I will let you respond on this ? Whereas I see the Shadday as the functional name for the Holy Spirit, who is Ruwach.

When you read "Ruwach" (Pneumia) Gene do you read "spirit" or "holy spirit" every time you read that word ? First we have to get our assumptions level on the same studying ground, otherwise we can't even begin to study together....so how do you see "ruwach" in every context of Scripture ? Or do you believe in the multiply meaning theory of words in Scripture like most scholars do, that Hebrew has dozens of multiple meanings in their language ?

1Co 2:10 But God "elohiym" hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit "Ruwach": for the Spirit "Ruwach" searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

But the Family powers of GOD has revealed them unto us by the Holy Spirit, for the Holy Spirit search all things, yea the deep things of the Family Powers of GOD.

QUOTE: "Man is the only creature that has a spirit. 

Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath "nashamah" of life "chay"; and man became a living soul.

Your right there Gene, no mention of the Holy Spirit

Ge 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath "nashamah" "ruwach" of life "chay", of all that was in the dry land, died.

But here Gene, both nashamah and ruwach are both present with the term breath of life....

Thus the breath of life is empowered by the Holy Spirit who lives in all loving creatures.

There is a Bible text that the Holy Spirit of animals goes down and the Holy Spirit for humans goes upward, suggesting our "wind" or "character" is recorded in heaven (upward)....

Hope this helps

Shalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com