Adventist Online

Most christians I know from in christian chatrooms say it is ok for them to have guns...it is their right so they have them and would use them.

What do you think?

Views: 7051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I would just ask what makes you think he hasn't surrendered his life to God to ask that?  And what proof do you have that he has or hasn't?

Maybe God told him to purchase these guns or he just kept them from his previous life like some persons who keep their music records from their old life, who refuse to throw them away.

Maybe God told him to purchase these guns or he just kept them from his previous life like some persons who keep their music records from their old life, who refuse to throw them away

Jason, I'm sorry if I'm confused but that in no way sounds like a sensible answer to my question to you in search of clarity. It just sounds like assumptions on why you think he owns the gun.  Or are you saying the answer to my question below.

"what makes you think he hasn't surrendered his life to God to ask that?  And what proof do you have that he has or hasn't?"

You think God told him not to get rid of his Guns?  If that was meant to be sarcastic I can only say my question was serious in search of a serious answer.  To further my original question how are you even aware of what he plans to do with the guns to make such a claim/assumption?

If all you can respond with is sarcastic answers all I will inform you he is a dear friend whom I have known for many years and regardless of your feelings towards gun owners; the personal relationship I have with him and how he has actually expressed his faith in God in how he has lived his life and raised his children makes telling him what to do with the gun's have little concern to me.  I trust he will do the right thing without my input on that small matter since his actions have spoken louder than any judgmental words I or even you could bestow on him.

Do you get on your knees and pray every time you step into a car? 

Every time you drive you are a danger to the public and everyone around you.  A deer or a child can step into your path, a tire could blow, a tie rod break,  another driver could swerve into your path, the possibilities are endless.  While driving you are like a loaded gun with a finger on the trigger.  A firearm on the other hand is different,  even if it on the hip of the user it presents no danger until the safety is off and the finger is on the trigger.   I know some who have a fear of driving and guess what, they do not drive.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHLsnzZgdPw

Amen Sister. Have the mind of Christ...

God Bless,

Bess.

Christ, our example, did nothing to vindicate or deliver Himself. He committed His case to God. So His followers are not to accuse or condemn, or to resort to force in order to deliver themselves. COL 171.2

When trials arise that seem unexplainable, we should not allow our peace to be spoiled. However unjustly we may be treated, let not passion arise. By indulging a spirit of retaliation we injure ourselves. We destroy our own confidence in God, and grieve the Holy Spirit. There is by our side a witness, a heavenly messenger, who will lift up for us a standard against the enemy. He will shut us in with the bright beams of the Sun of Righteousness. Beyond this Satan cannot penetrate. He cannot pass this shield of holy light. COL 171.3

Thankyou for sharing this Jason.
God bless.

Happy Sabbath to all.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link: