Adventist Online

Review this link then respond to the following issue

http://news.adventist.org/2010/06/private-security-det.html

Yes glad this issue was raised and reflected on. Our church seems to parallel the USA Political System. The church of old needed no visible human protection. Though they went around in twos (Read Acts) Seems to me that our faith in God is not like that of the church of Acts and would do nothing to defend themselves physically, knowing that God is their protector. Let there be a revivial of the faith and power of the early church leaders and we will abandon the need of personal human security. If we provide this for ourselves we make God unemployable! May we trust God more and humanity less

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't God supposed to be our Chief Security Officer? Frankly this question is rather tricky, as it goes down to the extent of our faith in our God. If our key leaders have security around them; how would they pray to God about 'protecting' them (with bodyguards to boot)? You use a bodyguard because somehow you believe your life is 'safe' with that person around! For crying out loud! dont lets try to fool God by saying that we trust Him.
Thanks for your reply Lolonga. If we went back to simple Christian leadership as recorded in Acts, if God's people need protection from human beings who might do them harm, will He not send His angel (Ps 34: 7) wasnt Christ able to stand by Daniel's three faithful friends (Dan 3) and no harm come to them. It seems that we have made the same desire like Israel when they desired a king. They wanted a king like the other nations, so we think we should have personal security based upon the United states Presidential system and if we can protect ourseles, why should God protect our leaders? According to Acts 8 when the church was persecuted, only the leaders, the 12 vapostles remained in Jerusalem, O what faith there was by the leadership in the times of the apostles!

Is this step also a sign that we are increased in goods and have need of nothing and we have closed Chrst out so that He cannot protect our leadership as He did in the times of the Apostles! Well I am a simple person and am reminded of the statement...

Let there be a revival of the faith and power of the early church and the spirit of persecution will be revived and the fires of persecution will be rekindled (GC, page 48)
I think that they are afraid of kooks and weirdos. Did you know that some one tried to kill Ellen White while she spoke at a meeting? The danger is real.

I too find this ironic, considering that GC's stance against the Second Amendment, which you can find on their site. How then can they justify having armed guards if they are declaring the populous should not have the right to keep and bear arms.  Further, how does this position not fly in the face of the concept of Liberty and preserving the Constitution?  

It reminds me of Obama declaring the populous doesn't need a firearm for protection, yet he is protected by layers of people who carry them on his behalf.

There is no such thing as security. None of us are safe, never have been and will not be, here on earth.
We have hope, in Christ, and may rest in Him because of His promises, but there are no guarantees here.
Amen!
In another thread people are doing all they can to prove we are not Babylon (we aren't, but we are Babylonian... there is a difference.) Here we are being caught red handed worshiping the God of Forces/Fortresses set up by the last king of the dynasty of "King of the North" (See Daniel 11). This goes a long way to show who we really worship, and where our faith is really placed.

Yes Myron, it does seem that SDA inc. worships the God of Forces/Fortresses. Babylonian to the core. Good post.

Should we have security officers to protect GC key leaders? No. The Pope drives around in a bullet proof car, but Jesus walked around knowing full well God is his protector. I believe that this call to private security firms is like a woman(church) calling on the Kings of the earth..

Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
Isa 30:2 That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
Isa 30:3 Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.

Isa 31:1 Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!
Isa 31:2 Yet he also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back his words: but will arise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity.
Isa 31:3 Now the Egyptians are men, and not God; and their horses flesh, and not spirit. When the LORD shall stretch out his hand, both he that helpeth shall fall, and he that is holpen shall fall down, and they all shall fail together.
Well The SDA Church is not Babylon, but may lean on the arm of flesh. The word of The Lord as written in Zechariah is..." Not by the might (of human protection) nor by the power (of human reasoning) but by The Spirit ( that when the enemy was planing meet and surprise Israel in battle- God told Elisha and The King and His people escape) " more so are the following words as recorded in scripture....

2 Chronicles 32:7-8 KJV
(7) Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:
(8) With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

Jeremiah 17:5-8 KJV
(5) Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. (6) For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. (7) Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. (8) For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Last but by no means least, The Psalmist declared...

Psalms 34:7 BBE
(7) The angel of the Lord is ever watching over those who have fear of him, to keep them safe.

Amen! and Amen! again!

That's right.

We are supposed to be non-violent.

Good stuff.

Walt

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members: