Adventist Online

SOMETHING VERY SINISTER ABOUT ALLOWING SOME OF THESE THREADS. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH "TESTING A PROPHET".

Does anyone besides me feel there is something more than just the "testing of a prophet" involved with these posts the last three days?

If we are all Christians who truly believe in the word of God, how come so much insulting and personal attacks are being made and whats worse... ALLOWED?

Anyone with a true Christian heart feeling this is all very wrong?

This is called "Adventist online",  IS IT TRUE ADVENTISM with the professed love and truth Seventh Day Adventist claim to be blessed with? or something more out of curiosity and entertainment?

Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Views: 682

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I see no reason for this thread, no reason to keep on discussing any of this.  I tried to read Ricky's messages before they were deleted and found them vague and rambling.  Then all of the site seemed to revolve around the issue and dragged down everyone.  Yes, all of this is wrong in that we all need to just refuse from here on out to post on any thread about Ricky or you.  Let it all end here.  If you feel we are wrong for rejecting his messages, then take them to the churches in your area for examination.  It isn't personal or a persecution.  It's just a situation that no one (well, most) feels comfortable with his messages.

The moderators have done an excellent job of managing this site.  Most questions were to clarify matters.  Claiming to be a prophet opens up a whole new level of openess.  I have been studying another site with biblical perspectives not accepted by the main church so it isn't that I am close-minded.  I just want to be inspired to grow in God and learn more.  Not get bogged down in a fight.  I'm just done with these threads, ready to move on.  Time is too short to be wasted. 

We have re-opened this discussion for comment.  It is against our Site Rules to close an active discussion to suppress comment.

10. Adventist Online is not a place to state your beliefs without accountability for their Biblical and/or Spirit of Prophecy basis.  Adventist Online is not a place to silence those who do not agree with you.  Do not stop the open exchange of ideas and the search for His truth by closing active discussions, blocking or deleting comments to your blog entries, videos, etc.

On a separate noted, posting this discussion breaks our rules:

11. Listen to, and cooperate with, moderators. Challenging the decisions/actions/inaction of moderator/s in the open forum is not acceptable behavior.  Use the "Report an Issue" link located at the bottom of every page to address issues.

May we reflect Christ in all of our posts here.  God bless.

I am sorry but the title of this thread is really bothering me.  One of the definitions of sinister is  singularly evil or productive of evil.  I hate that you are seeing your fellow believers as evil or this site as being evil (of the devil?)  Hoping that as Sabbath progresses, we can all come together as brothers and sisters in Christ instead of accusing others of wrongdoing.  I am not seeing the actions of a prophet in your reactions on this forum..

Good point!

As far as this whole "prophet"- story didn't bring us any inch closer to God we should at least enjoy the Sabbath!

That's made sense ... my Sabbath was blessed. 

Sometimes Brother Man Flower Plush Sparky Glow Toy  :) ..God love him and bless his soul, has to throw in a joke, a cartoon, a story to make us laugh to lighten our load. :) If anyone has proven how to graciously accept criticism, it is our Brother MFG!! He didn't even take offense to one of your husband's *prophesy's* against homosexuality.. but responded only with love. - GRACE

GOD has been so good to me i try to remember to respond in kind

dont always remeber :/

i saw the original anti homosexual thread when they first came on and then the succeeding new one more recently

MOUTH as an acronym =
Must only use to help

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com