Adventist Online

what are the physical application of the six trumpets on earth...???has it been blown??? if blown, which occasion represents the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth trumpets???? 

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Brother as far as I know there is seven trumpets not six. 

Chemeda,

I believe that, yes, most of the trumpets have been blown.

The following thought represents the old SDA teaching about the trumpets. It is a re-post from an earlier article... perhaps this will be of interest.

The Trumpets of Revelation 8 and 9.

One of the most significant events in the history of the world, was the break up of the Roman Empire.

The first six Trumpets in the Book of Revelation describe THAT process.

Each “Trumpet” in the series, represents an “alarm of war” (Jer 4:19).  The Empire grew by warfare, and the Empire was finally brought down by warfare. Six great steps were involved in its overthrow. Six “alarms of war” would sound; six successive waves of “Barbarian” invasions would bring the Roman Empire to an end.

The First 4 Trumpets.

ONE.
The first Trumpet heralded the Gothic invasion led by Alaric. (About 410 A.D.)  History speaks of the Goths as the “pioneers of the German[-ic] invasion”. They came down from the “frozen north”, and the prophecy speaks of their coming as “hail and fire mingled with blood” (Rev 8:7). Claudian, one of the great Roman poets, said of the Goths, that “like disease, or pelting hail, they spread”. During this period, that which is now Spain and southern France, were lost to Rome, and Rome itself was ransacked for the first time in over 700 years.

The first emotions of the nobles and of the people were those of surprise and indignation that a vile barbarian should dare to insult the capital of the world”. (Gibbon chp.31 p.503.)

The Gothic incursion did not last long though, and according to the standards of the day, the Goths were restrained and merciful. It is interesting, I think, to find that the Goths “evacuated Rome on the sixth day” after having entered the city. But it is no exaggeration to say that “the sack of Rome... moved the civilized world profoundly”. (Gibbon chp.31 p.512; Plunket p.41.)

This was the first great blow that was struck in the demolition of the Roman Empire.

One of the old stories, kept in the historical records of the time, relates to the young Emperor, Honorius. He was living in Ravenna [north of Rome,] when the Goths appeared before the “Eternal City”, and much of this young man’s time was spent rearing poultry.

“He had named one of his favorite chickens after the capital [a Rooster named Roma]; and when a messenger, haggard with the news he had brought, fell on his knees, gasping, ‘Sire, Rome has perished,’ Honorius only frowned, and replied, “Impossible! I fed him myself this morning.’” While some people question the authenticity of this story (found in the writings of Procopius etc.,) it represents well, I think, the widespread and utter disbelief that such a thing could ever happen. Jerome “was stupefied” when he heard the news of what had happened to Rome. “Who [he asked,] could have believed that... she would one day fall?”

Nice Stewart, good reminder of our past heritage

A different view of the 7 trumpets

Re 8:1 ¶ And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
 2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Notice the trumpets begin after the seventh seal, the judging of God's people as is own....

Could not the trumpets be also repeated for another time, and place, the time of the end ?

Re 8:7 ¶  The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
 8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
 9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
 10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

After God seals his own, the three trumpets announce world war III , so bad that third of the world is destroyed and wiped out with death all over the earth....

Re 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Finally the fallout of nuclear explosions causes nuclear winters and poison in the air....

And that's just the beginning....

¶ And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
 4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
 5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Then comes a terrorist attack on a global scale that causes FEMA to begin, and the USA to wind up the terrorists and imprison them .... millions of people will lose their lives....

Re 9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
 15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
 16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
 17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
 18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.
 19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
 20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands,

Then 200 million army men attack and kill the rest of the earth, terrible is the bombing and slaying....

And all this happens in less then 3 and half years, the time of the end, is a terrible war of destruction, Satan destroys all the earth God has chosen His own, so the real nature of Satan is exposed....

¶ And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

WHen Jesus stands up to judge his own, the time of the end begins....

Da 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

O the last 3 years of the earth will be terrible, world war III is a nuclear one of vast devastation and huge loss of life...and many cursing God rather than seeking Him in repentance....

This is a different theory of faith, worth pondering....

Shalom

please, I want to invite you this attached video to listen regarding to what has been said of the seven trumpets, and it was real and happened on our planet earth, and also it seems the real trumpets happened practically, the producer of this video tried to convince any body, please let you look it and give your conclusion for it..........

rob said, "Then 200 million army men attack and kill the rest of the earth, terrible is the bombing and slaying....

And all this happens in less then 3 and half years, the time of the end, is a terrible war of destruction, Satan destroys all the earth God has chosen His own, so the real nature of Satan is exposed....

O the last 3 years of the earth will be terrible, world war III is a nuclear one of vast devastation and huge loss of life...and many cursing God rather than seeking Him in repentance...."

Could you explain where you get the above from, please? Particularly the following points:

1. 200 million army men...

2. satan destroys the earth...

3. happens in less that 3 and half years...

4. that there is a world war III and that it is a nuclear one.

Thanks.

rob,

Forget question #1 - v.16 - I didn't pay attention to what I was reading.

You are placing the fulfilment of chapter 9 in the future, right?

JohnB   sure....

Could you explain where you get the above from, please? Particularly the following points:

1. 200 million army men...

16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them

200 times 1000 times 1000 = 200,000,000  or 200 million army men

2. satan destroys the earth...

Jer 51:25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain.

Re 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

3. happens in less that 3 and half years...

Da 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
 12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

For details refer to Marion Berry theory of faith

4. that there is a world war III and that it is a nuclear one.

Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters

My earlier post supplied the Bible texts as well, its a matter of reading the context differently....

Hope this helps

SHalom

please, I want to invite you this attached video to listen regarding to what has been said of the seven trumpets, and it was real and happened on our planet earth, and also it seems the real trumpets happened practically, the producer of this video tried to convince any body, please let you look it and give your conclusion for it..........

When I heard about 6 trumpets the first thing that popped into my mind was offshoot LOL!  I think we should stay with what is obvious and not skew the interpretation.

Chemeda,

I'm not finding the link to the video, please could you post the link here for me?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service