Adventist Online

IN THE BIBLE I DIDN'T FOUND ANYTHING THAT MATCH THE DOCTRINE OF TRINITY EVEN ADVENT PIONEERS, BUT NOW IT IS FOUND AMONGST ADVENTIST WHY. IS IT BIBLICAL OR NOT?.

Views: 2825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mae RU, are you a practicing Seventh day Adventist at a conference church?

Let me ask you another question...

Where is the verse which says we have to pray to Jesus?

That CHRIST became in a NEW SENSE the SON of GOD, means the Second Birth and that he have already BEEN the SON of GOD. 

Please compare Luke 1:35 with 1 Cor 1:24 and Eph 1:13,17

Look also at Romans 8:9-11 (Notice that Spirit is LIFE) then John 5:26,27 and Matt 28:18. 

Ok... so the Father is the original source of immortality? And the Father gave immortality to the Son only after Jesus became a man? Is this a fair representation (or paraphrase) of the above thought, Will?

What about the thought in Desire of Ages -- "In Christ is life, original, unborrowed, underived." (DA 530).

The immortality in Him is entirely "original".

I didn't know DA was part of scripture.

amen

I accept that, Will. The Desire of Ages is not Scripture.

May I ask, is this [basically] your understanding of the Godhead? --

Father -- original, primary, superior God.

Son  -- secondary, begotten [inferior?] God.

Spirit -- an influence that emanates from the Father [and from the Son?]. 

The entire quote says that this Original, Unborrowed, Underived life can be GIVEN, this life is given to the believer. We are PARTAKERS of the Divine. JESUS asks us to eat his FLESH and drink his BLOOD. He says in the same, that his WORDS are SPIRIT and LIFE. 

The full quote: 4 (chs. 10:1817:3). Christ’s Life Was Unborrowed—“In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.” It is not physical life that is here specified, but eternal life, the life which is exclusively the property of God. The Word, who was with God, and who was God, had this life. Physical life is something which each individual received. It is not eternal or immortal; for God, the Lifegiver, takes it again. Man has no control over his life. But the life of Christ was unborrowed. No one can take this life from Him. “I lay it down of myself,” He said. In Him was life, original, unborrowed, underived. This life is not inherent inman. He can possess it only through Christ. He cannot earn it; it is given him as a free gift if he will believe in Christ as his personal Saviour. “This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3. This is the open fountain of life for the world (The Signs of the Times, February 13, 1912). 5BC 1130.3

In other words, this ORIGINAL, UNBORROWED and UNDERIVED, is GIVEN: :) 

"As we partake of the divine nature, hereditary and cultivated tendencies to wrong are cut away from the character, and we are made a living power for good. Ever learning of the divine Teacher, daily partaking of His nature, we cooperate with God in overcoming Satan’s temptations. God works, and man works, that man may be one with Christ as Christ is one with God. Then we sit together with Christ in heavenly places. The mind rests with peace and assurance in Jesus (The Review and Herald, April 24, 1900). 7BC 943.2"

John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." The Holy Spirit = Words = Life

This is also supported by Romans 8:9-11, note verse 10, the Spirit is LIFE because of righteousness. (Please read all of it)

Verse 10 also declares that the Spirit = Christ in you.

Consider this verse: Col 1:27 "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" 

Galatians 4:6,7 " And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.   Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ." 

Could this be the Spirit of Adoption? 

Rom 8: 15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

Eph 1:13, declares that the : In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," And verse 17 says That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him

The Spirit = the Word of Truth = the Gospel of Salvation = the Spirit of Wisdom = The Spirit of Revelation (Note Isaia 11:1) 

JESUS declares in Matt 28:18 that ALL POWER was given him. 

1 Cor 1:24 Identifies JESUS as the WISDOM of GOD and the POWER of GOD.

With this information, please read Luke 1:35 then consider who it was that Overshadowed Mary. Please look at  John 14: 15-18 and compare in the Greek, COMFORTER and ADVOKATE, (1 John 2:1) Note also the language of CHRIST, "I will not leave you Fatherless, I will come to you." Then look at John 14:22,23.

Be Blessed! :)  

Hi Stewart,

Do you agree that Jesus was really the Son of the Father before He was human?  I am not suggesting that there was a time when the Son never existed ...

In a sense, yes, I agree that Jesus was the Son before He was human.

I believe that prior to His incarnation as "Jesus", the Son of God was "Michael" -- the Divine "Captain of the Lord's host" who spoke with Joshua outside of Jericho.

Have you read this?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1, 2. Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father--one in nature, in character, in purpose--the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God. "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. His "goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." Micah 5:2. And the Son of God declares concerning Himself: "The Lord possessed Me in the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I was set up from everlasting. . . . When He appointed the foundations of the earth: then I was by Him, as one brought up with Him: and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him." Proverbs 8:22-30.  {PP 34.1} 

Yes, I am familiar with these thoughts.

What do you see as the implications, Prophecy 101?

At this point I don't see that they contradict or challenge the view I have expressed about Jesus' pre-incarnation 'state'.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service