Adventist Online

IN THE BIBLE I DIDN'T FOUND ANYTHING THAT MATCH THE DOCTRINE OF TRINITY EVEN ADVENT PIONEERS, BUT NOW IT IS FOUND AMONGST ADVENTIST WHY. IS IT BIBLICAL OR NOT?.

Views: 2825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THIS IS NOT CORRECT

Defender  where in the Bible do you see Christ saying I am the Father?

I am an Adventist!

Jesus told us to pray to the Father.  no where are we ever told to pray to Him so your assertion that the Holy Spirit is not God because we do not pray to Him is false.

Mae Ru,

THank you so much for your contributions on this subject. I've read your response to my post on the previous page (but it doesn't have a Reply button, so permit me to respond here). I glossed over the April 3 lesson reading without realizong who Leslie J Hoppe was. Thanks for bringing it up. I can hardly believe what I've read (surely, they couldn't find anything from EGW's inspired writings on the commandments?) Here's what I found by googling the name:

He is the general editor of The Catholic Biblical Quarterly and has served on the editorial boards of Old Testament Abstracts and The Bible Today and as general editor of the latter. He is the associate editor of the Anselm Press Study Bible.

He has been a member of the faculty since 1981 except from 2005 to 2011 when he served as the Provincial Minister of the Assumption Province.

In addition to his service at CTU, he has been visiting professor at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, and the Studium Biblicum Franciscanum.

He is member of the Assumption Province, Order of Friars Minor and a Roman Catholic priest.

http://www.ctu.edu/academics/leslie-j-hoppe-ofm

Hi Dan,

Can I share something that you may or may not know. Read the following:

http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/support.html

It has been suggested that because of this Bing or Yahoo may be a better search option

Thanks Col. I'll have a look. Have a blessed Sabbath.

Thankyou!

Happy Sabbath.

Are you saying that Ellen White misrepresented God by saying that the Holy Spirit is God?

The prince of the power of evil can only be held in check by the power of God in the third person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit.--Special Testimonies, Series A, No. 10, p. 37. (1897) We are to co-operate with the three highest powers in heaven,--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, --and these powers will work through us, making us workers together with God.--Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, p. 51. (1905)

Where in this quote did She say the Holy Spirit is God? Three Highest Powers in Heaven, three separate Powers not three Heads in one Body, so if they are three powers why did she not say ONE because the one can manifest in three different forms?

The word TRINITY cannot be found in GENESIS to REVELATION but the context and thought are very explicit ........ and its very TRUE that SOME of the PIONEERS didn't believe in the TRINITY. 

I doubt the phrase "peace of mind" exists in the Bible either, but it offers a lot of it to the willing reader.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Whats all the caffuffle about.

There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers --the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit--those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.-- Special Testimonies, Series B, No. 7, pp. 62, 63. (1905)  {Ev 615.1}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service