Adventist Online

IN THE BIBLE I DIDN'T FOUND ANYTHING THAT MATCH THE DOCTRINE OF TRINITY EVEN ADVENT PIONEERS, BUT NOW IT IS FOUND AMONGST ADVENTIST WHY. IS IT BIBLICAL OR NOT?.

Views: 2825

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi brother Stewart,

I have not read all that you posted but was just sharing.  TRINITY as our fundamental belief #2 is CATHOLIC.  We believe in a TRIUNE God which consists of 3 separate persons and does not refer to God as HE but THEY.

While Christ and the Holy Spirit always existed in the Father, at some point they came forth and His life flows through them.  The Son was not always equal with the Father and this is what angered Satan because the Father MADE His Son equal with Himself so that wherever the Son was it would be as His own presence.  See The Fall of Lucifer in the book Story of Redemption if you have not read it.

God bless!

You will note that all I did was reference a couple texts in scripture. Later you rely on extra scriptural sources to state otherwise.

Will

No brother Stewart, the Immortal Life was given to the SON of GOD ages before he came to earth. Mika 5:2 says that the ORIGIN of CHRIST was in ETERNITY. :) 

Will, was Jesus mortal before He became man? Who can forgive sins but God alone? He forgave the sins of the man put down through the roof and they were ready to stone Him for claiming that He is I AM.

Can you please address these things from the Bible?

Rob,

your opening thought about a "trinity" being outside Hebrew meaning, is sounding strange to me.

Hebrew clearly has the ability to speak about "three men", "three witnesses", "three times", "three-fold", etc. There seems to be fairly frequent mention of three things/entities being united.

So I don't see how a grouping of three distinct 'anythings' could be outside the scope of the Hebrew language.

DONT say NOWHERE there are MANY VERSES THAT SUPPORT HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD. I THINK THIS ONE ENOUGH CAN SAY .... 

But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? "While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."  ACTS 5:3-4

John 15:14-28, "If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave."

Three.

Moving on:

Matthew 3:16-17, "As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

John 12:27-30, "“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up[g] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die."

Clearly, this shows that there are Three that at One.  You can can all it "Trinity" if you like.  The term is not used in scipture, but their inter-relationship is shown throughout scripture.

From the beginning of the world, Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Some deny that the Holy Spirit has “a distinct personality”. But

“...the Holy Spirit is the Comforter, in Christ's name. He personifies Christ, yet is a distinct personality."

(20Manuscript Release p.324) (1893)

Is there two or three testimonies to prove by Bible that Holy spirit is God. This trinity doctrine the same as of catholics, must the true church of God uses the same doctrine catholics? AS FUNDAMENTAL ERRORS WE MIGHT CLASS WITH THIS COUNTERFEIT SABBATH OTHER ERRORS WHICH PROTESTANTS HAVE BROUGHT AWAY FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SUCH AS sprinkling for baptism, THE TRINITY, the consciouness of the dead and the eternal life in misery. The mass who have held these fundamental errors have doubtlessly done it ignorantly; but can it SUPPOSED THAT THE CHURCH OF CHRIST WILL CARRY ALONG HER THESE ERRORS TILL THE JUDGEMENT SCENES UPON THE WORLD? We think not. Sept 12 .1854 Review &Herald. Vol.6,no5 page36 par8.

Stoney Kingdom,

The piece you quote from James White is interesting, but I know that he (with others among our pioneers,) denied the divinity of Jesus for a number of years too. Those views did change though.

James White also spoke of "the old Trinitarian absurdity that Jesus Christ is the very and Eternal God."

But the thing is, Jesus Christ IS the very and Eternal God!

For a while, the pioneers taught some serious error.

It might be well to note that jes based this belief on the fact that Yahshua was the only BEGOTTEN Son.

This suggests what he said in that begotten means that One had to precede the other. It also goes along with the fact that the Father ALONE has immortality according to Yahshua.

This does not seem to deny the divinity of Messiah.

Below Stoney a few text that tells us that the Holy Spirit is God

Act 5:3  But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 4  Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Mat 12:32  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Isa 61:1  The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service