Adventist Online

Views: 1536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly Jim, and know for a fact that God is behind those Literature Evangelists. Seminary Students training to be pastors do this work as well. Even E G White was self-funded, is there anyone who thinks E G White was doing wrong?    

Fundraising is fine, what some of us disagree with is violating the rules we all agreed to in order to fund raise on this website.

Beloved brothers & sisters in Christ,

after I read your comments & remarks, I was so sad. 

Talking of money become  the center of the discussion  of which I am quite disappointed.

I put this post for us to talk the  the matter  objectively. 

The end of the beginning / prophecy has just began,.

What preparations are we doing right now?

Are we strong enough to stand  firmly to our faith?

As an SDA member are we matured enough to withstand in the wiles of the devil?

My prayer is may the Holy Spirit touches us today.

GOD bless. 

Yes, the money part is just a diversion to find fault with a faithful ministry.

These same people have no problem with mainline church supported ministries that are soliciting funds and using them to promote the Emmergent Church and Catholic Spiritual Formation in the SDA church.

I presume you have some evidence to support your assertion, or are you just attempting to demonise those who you don't agree with? Or perhaps making unfounded accusations against others is just your way of addressing the issue raised?

Hey John ! If you don't want to pay for a very worthy cause ,just keep quite . Dont try to discourage others to give for the great  ministry .Don't be a stumbling block .to our ministry . 

Shadrach, where did I try to discourage others from giving to your ministry?

Did you think about addressing the point that I raised rather than just telling me to keep quiet?

Peace,

Hi brother John, I understand what you are saying, some tend to take things out of context... Bottom line, you would like info without something always saying, donate!! If you want to donate, you will, right? just don't want it in your face when there is info being given.

is that it in a nutshell?   I don't see you discouraging anyone from giving... just a rant, that some are taking alittle to far, and misstating your intent. 

Even though I don't see anything wrong with it, but I do understand... like you said in regards to someone in ministry who didn't ask for money, but still people donated at an incredible rate.. If someone is touch by someones ministry, the Holy Spirit will compel them to donate. Don't need to keep putting donate in my face, thank you!!

But some ministries may ask to help them in the work they are doing by donating, that they may reach more souls for GOD, and that's cool... I just pray the money is used just for that, and not a lavish lifestyle, or things not pertaining to saving souls. But who knows, I just give with a faith that it used justly & wisely, GOD knows the heart.

It's always a pleasure to see you posting, as I said before, I admire your knowledge & wisdom.. Peace & Blessings to you!  

John ! I am sorry. Certainly i didn't mean to hurt your feelings .Even though we are all working together for the same message ,same ministry ,from time to time we stumble on each other foolishly . Forgive me . Thanks

Reasoning,

Thank you, brother. Yes, you got it. It was the way that this piece was presented and used that I was ranting about, nothing else. I appreciate your kind words, thanks for saving my sanity :-)

Shadrach, 

No problem. Thanks for your reply.

Blessings to you both.

Reply by Cindy on March 25, 2014 at 6:38am

Beloved brothers & sisters in Christ,

after I read your comments & remarks, I was so sad. 

Talking of money become  the center of the discussion  of which I am quite disappointed.

I put this post for us to talk the  the matter  objectively. 

The end of the beginning / prophecy has just began,.

What preparations are we doing right now?

Are we strong enough to stand  firmly to our faith?

As an SDA member are we matured enough to withstand in the wiles of the devil?

My prayer is may the Holy Spirit touches us today.

GOD bless.

Right Cindy, I looked here to see if there was any good discussion on this video and what EGW has said. Instead there is nothing but arguing on money, tithing, etc. Another thread HIJACKED...UGH!  Just more distractions off topic causing confusion so people don't talk about the importance of this. The devil likes to cause confusion for this very reason and it's ramped on threads. Am I shocked? No, it happens all the time but you have to wonder. Now about the video. The bible and EGW talks about this. We need to pay attention to the signs so we are ready. The people who argue over trivial things will miss the boat completely while Satan smiles.  Thanks for the post Cindy :) Blessings  

Through my job in construction I am working on two projects for the Catholic Church one of the buildings in a small town is worth over 5 million dollars and the other is over a million just to renovate.  I see this and I shake my head at the thought of where the money is coming from because there is a huge scandal and legal battle over sexual abuse by clergy in this state where these projects are happening.  While this is going on, at my church we are struggling to keep a small school funded so that our children do not have to go to public school or be home schooled and at the same time keep missionaries going.  When I see people all "kinds of offended" because someone is critical of the Catholic church I just wonder how they have failed to learn about the bad history and wrong teachings of the Catholic church and how they continue to hurt people.  I come from a Catholic background, my wife was a Catholic and I am so glad a Bible worker had the guts to come into my home and offend me and my wife with the truth.  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service