Adventist Online

What is the position of the SDA church concerning abortion? What is done with gestational tissue when an abortion is done at Loma Linda for example?

In light of the Planned Parenthood selling body parts what is the SDA's stance? 

Their distinctive rites include worshiping on Saturday, the seventh day of the week as opposed to Sunday, an emphasis on the Second Coming of Christ and an emphasis on following Jewish dietary laws concerning abstinence from pork, shellfish and other foods proscribed as “unclean” in the Old Testament. The denomination is known for its emphasis on health. Alcohol and tobacco are prohibited and many Adventists are vegetarians.

But the denomination may be the only theologically conservative Protestant group that allows elective abortions. Many of their own members didn’t know that their worldwide hospital network performed the procedure, which has been quite the discussion on the Adventists for Life Facebook page. A number of posters were shocked to learn the denomination’s stance.

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2011/01/24/adventists-and-aborti...

Concerning Planned Parenthood’s repeated denials that they make any money from the exchange of body parts for cash, something that would be illegal under federal law, O’Donnell said, “For whatever we could procure, they would get a certain percentage. The main nurse was always trying to make sure we got our specimens. No one else really cared, but the main nurse did because she knew that Planned Parenthood was getting compensated.”

Without offering any proof, Richards repeatedly told Stephanopoulos that Daleiden’s group is part of the pro-life movement that has murdered abortionists and bombed abortion clinics. She also accused Daleiden’s group of editing the 2.5-hour videos, as if news organizations like ABC only ever run raw footage of interviews.

The first video, released only two weeks ago, showed a Planned Parenthood doctor casually eating her salad and sipping wine while talking about baby body parts. The video shocked the nation. The second video from last week showed another Planned Parenthood executive haggling over the price of baby body parts and joking that she wanted “a Lamborghini” in exchange for baby organs.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/28/planned-parentho...

Views: 1445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Manuela, thanks for the "facts and figures." In such a debate, what persuades you more between what the Bible says about life, on one hand, and what statistics say about abortion (in comparison to gun violence, for example) on the other hand?

"Manuela, thanks for the "facts and figures." In such a debate, what persuades you more between what the Bible says about life, on one hand, and what statistics say about abortion (in comparison to gun violence, for example) on the other hand?"

The bible and our Church allow abortions under certain circumstances. Thats the reason why our hospitals offer those procedures.

I rather have a women do it under the best possible care we can offer with the guidance and information provided through our hospitals which includes the christian background to offer valid alternatives than have the women go somewhere else where they are not offered such things.

Fundamental opposition to something or someone does not help anyone and ignores the realities of people and their needs and hardships.

That is something which Jesus would never and did never condone or allow. So maybe you might ask yourself if you truly follow Jesus commands when engaging in that position...?

Regards

Manuela 

"The bible and our Church allow abortions"

Would you be kind to show this text please.

Manuela 

"The bible and our Church allow abortions [under certain circumstances. ]"

Would you be kind to show this text please.

Church:

http://www.adventist.org/en/information/official-statements/guideli...

Bible:

Examples: Numbers 5:19-22; Exodus 21:22-25; many others.

There are circumstances which allows or even calls for an abortion. It also was allowed in Israel and among the Jews historically speaking. Some instances God himself calls or better said inflicts the abortions.

It just is not so easy as some would like it ought to be especially given the implications of the position "sacred life from conception on".

Regards

p.s.: If you quote than quote the whole sentence and not just part of it to make it say something which was not said.

Manuela I had a look at the texts you have suggested

Examples: Numbers 5:19-22; Exodus 21:22-25;

Num 5:19 And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say unto the woman, If no man have lain with thee, and if thou hast not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of thy husband, be thou free from this bitter water that causeth the curse: 20 But if thou hast gone aside to another instead of thy husband, and if thou be defiled, and some man have lain with thee beside thine husband: 21 Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell; 22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

Exo 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

And you see these texts as a permission for abortion? I did know you “study” the bible in a unusual way but this is stretching the text beyond credulity. I can not see the Lord approving of abortion in these texts.  

"And you see these texts as a permission for abortion? I did know you “study” the bible in a unusual way but this is stretching the text beyond credulity. I can not see the Lord approving of abortion in these texts.  "

Again under certain circumstances it was done and allowed and yes as example Numbers 5 show how it was done and why or which circumstances.

Some other verses contradict clearly the "conception" interpretation as does the historical custome of the Israelites.

Make of it what you want but there is no clear black and white answer to these issues especially when health issues are at stake as well.

Have a nice day.

Regards

p.s.: Interesting that you need to resort to personal attacks always. Makes your arguments seem very "strong" :)

Poor Manuela 

You find that a Personal attack? I am sorry you are so sensitive. Most of the time I have seen Blistering comments from you that would blacken my laptop if it was sensitive to your language.

Abortions are not performed at Loma Linda.

Thank you Thomas,  It is good to hear that but do you have any way of proving this and what about other SDA medical facilities?

Abortions are not performed at Loma Linda.

<edited>

I took out the response as i do not want to support even more attacks onto Loma Linda.

Believe what you want but this just will weaken your position and make Adventists look like hypocrites when you argue we do not do it or support it and than someone researches the internet and finds that our hospitals even have explicit guidelines and policies since decades allowing abortions and been doing it since the 1970s and still do it in all adventist hospitals i know.

I took out the response as i do not want to support even more attacks onto Loma Linda.

How is it an attack if you agree with it?  It was a question by the way, that is why the sentence ends with a question mark.  You make less sense as time goes by and with out the Bible as your guide you contradict yourself. 

"How is it an attack if you agree with it?  It was a question by the way, that is why the sentence ends with a question mark.  You make less sense as time goes by and with out the Bible as your guide you contradict yourself. "

I was giving statistics and that would been used to attack LL further..

Maybe try to read and understand before implying something or suspecting something of others

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service