Adventist Online

I am just wondering what is your opinion of who can be saved into God's kingdom of grace.  Please provide Scriptural evidence if possible. 

We know for sure that the one entering the strait gate, and narrow way are saved.  But what about the rest of the people which are in the billions, who don't have both of the the above. 

Group 1:
What about Buddhists, Islams, Catholics, and all other non-SDA religions = are those that enter not the strait gates, but they are walking in narrow way and are in harmony with society and do good to others?  By narrow way, I mean they are keeping the principle of the Commandment 5-10 in their way of lives, but because of their faulty religious beliefs, so are they in keeping the Commandment 1-4 and that include having idols.  Can they still be saved?  What about the story about Cornelius, or the Samaritan widow, or Namaan, or the men of Nineveh, and that men's conscience convict them?

Group 2:
What about people who are entering the strait gate?  they seem to understand the Bible and even seem to have much knowledge in SOP, but their lives are on the broadway, by that I mean their lives are not in harmony with Commandments 5-10.  They seem to be doing all the right religious activities including leadership, and they mouth claim grace, and pray for God's forgiveness, but then in their lives, they are unforgiving in actions and words, often want to believe the lies instead of the good spoken about others, and their points of views in their opinions are always right?

Group 3:
What about the people who seem like the nicest people on the world, and friendly, and doing benefits to society, but they never seem to be interested in Bible doctrine their whole lives?

This question has been on my mind for a long time.  Please be yourself in answering.  May God bless you. 

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8,9

For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them.Ecclesiastes 9:1

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.John 14:6

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
John 14:3
35Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6
63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. John 6
An all-important aspect of this question, "Who can be saved?" should not be overlooked. We believe we have the answers and it may be that we can quote some passages of Scriptures to answer this question. I am sure that we could do the same one hundred years ago. And yet the Spirit of the Lord said, "There is not one in one hundred who understands for himself the Bible truth on this subject that is so necessary to our present and eternal welfare" 1 S.M.360.

How many do you think understand this Bible truth today?

And the reason given is that "When light begins to shine forth to make clear the plan of redemption to the people, the enemy works with all diligence that the light may be shut away from the hearts of men." Ibid, 360.

We can expect things to be no different today as the enemy is more experienced and since he knows he only has but a short time, he is determined like a roaring lion now more than ever before to make sure that the light of precious truth may be shut away from the hearts of all men, especially Seventh-day Adventists.

What is this Bible truth that is so necessary to our present and eternal welfare that the enemy is fighting against all the time? I believe this precious truth is expressed in the following words from the Spirit of the Lord:

"Unless he makes it his lifebusiness to behold the uplited Saviour and to accept the merits which it is his privilege to claim, the sinner can no more be saved than Peter could walk upon the water unless he kept his eyes fixed steadily upon Jesus." Testimonies to Ministers, p.93.

Looking unto Jesus, accepting His merits which it is our privilege to claim!

This is the precious light of truth brothers and sisters, the Bible truth on this subject that is so necessary to our present and eternal welfare.

But there will be those who will say that we already understand this and that we need to focus on more important things. But do not be deceived by these voices. It is the voice of the enemy who is doing his best to distract us from studying the meaning of these words.

"Looking unto Jesus and trusting in His merits, we appropriate the blessings of light and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." Testimonies, Vol.5, p.744.

The one thing that is necessary is to have the grace of the Holy Spirit, to be surcharged with the Holy Spirit. Then the rest will take care of itself. The message of redemption is simple, just as simple as ABC but we do not understand it. This is what the Spirit of the Lord stated one hundred years ago.

"How long will you hate and despise the messengers of God's righteousness. The Lord has given them His message. They bear the Word of the Lord: There is salvation for you(pardon and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit) but only through the merits of Jesus Christ. The grace of the Holy Spirit has been offered to you again and again." T.M.96,97. * parenthesis supplied

This is how simple the message of redemption is.

"The sinner must ever look toward Calvary and with the simple faith of a little child he must rest in the merits of Christ, accepting His righteousness and believing in His mercy." Evangelism, p.185.

Daily resting in the merits of Christ and feeding upon the words of His mouth for He says, "All the words of My mouth are with righteousness." Prov.8:8/

"The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness." Isaiah 45:23.

sky
If you mean to say that the "Israel" of God is composed of those who believe from the heart that the MERITS of Jesus Christ are SUFFICIENT to present to the Father in their behalf to receive all the blessings of the Covenant of grace, then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

If you are saying that the "Israel" of God are those who believe that it is their privilege to claim the merits of the Son of God as their own for the simple reason that "Jesus was treated as we deserve that we might be treated as He deserves," (D.A.25) then I fully agree with you.

These are the "Israel" of God for they are joined to the Head and they follow the Head and not any man or committee of men who have put God aside and accepted the devisings of men.

sky
Sky quoted:
The Lord said that if we allowed this to continue our faith would become extinct!!! (T.M.481)

If you will read this in context you will easily see that she was not talking about the faith of the church becoming extinct but she is speaking obviously of "Men who are placed in positions of responsibility that they may be wise helpers to their fellow workers (who) have come to suppose that they were set as kings and rulers in the churches, to say to one brother, Do this; to another Do that; and to another, Be sure to labor in such and such a way. There have been places where the workers have been told that if they did not follow the instruction of these men of responsiblity, their pay from the conference would be withheld." Where do you find she is saying that the faith of the whole church would become extinct? I read the whole chapter also on Individual Responsiblity and it was not there. It is very good read and also is a call to unity and a call against unsanctified independence. Again, very balanced and nowhere do I read that if "we" today allowed this to continue the SDA faith would become extinct! She was addressing "some", not the church as a whole.

MsMS

Wrong.

"The self-confident management of men has resulted in putting God aside and accepting the devisings of men. If you allow this to continue your faith will soon become extinct." T.M.481.

In the next statements the Lord made it very clear that all our institutions and churches will be tainted with corruption if God is put aside by the self-confident management of men by introducing their own methods and plans. This is what was voted in 1903 and has been allowed to continue until now.

"Organizations, institutions, unless kept by the power of God will work under Satan's dictation to bring men under the control of men; and fraud and guile will bear the semblance of zeal for truth and for the advancement of the kingdom of God...

"If men resist the warnings the Lord sends them, they become even leaders in evil practice; such men assume to exercise the prerogatives of God--they presume to do that which God Himself will not do in seeking to control the minds of men. They introduce their own methods and plans, and through their misconceptions of God they weaken the faith of others in the truth, and bring in false principles that will work like leaven to taint and corrupt our institutions and churches...

"As soon as man begins to to make an iron rule for other men, as soon as he begins to harness up and drive men according to his own mind, he dishonors God and imperils his own soul and the souls of his brethren. Sinful man can find hope and righteousness only in God, and no human being is righteous any longer than he has faith in God and maintains a vital connection with Him. A flower of the field must have its root in the soil. It must have air, dew, showers, and sunshine. It will flourish only as it receives these advantages, and all are from God. So with men. We recieve from God that which ministers to the life of the soul. We are warned not to trust in man, not to make flesh our arm. A curse is pronounced upon all who do this." Testimonies to Ministers, p.366,367.

sky
It is not about me and Ellen White. It is only about what the Lord said, not about what we wish the Lord had said but what He actually said.

Ms, the way you interpret the Scriptures and the SoP is not new. It is the same way the Jewish leaders interpreted the Scriptures and the prophets who were sent to them, to their own eternal loss.

sky
You want to talk about faith and hope! Your faith is already extinct because you are determined to follow the present order of things which the Lord said was doomed to fail. The Lord Himself said that it would come to naught, that it would be swept away by storm and tempest but you insist that this is the "bride of Christ" when the Lord says that it is working under Satan's dictation to bring men under the control of men while maintaining a semblance of zeal for truth and for the advancement of the kingdom of God. This is going to be Satan's greatest deception since the days of Christ.

You have made it abundantly clear that you have absolutely no idea as to what the body of Christ is, or His bride. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

sky
I will tell you what the body of Christ is.

God Himself has used the illustration of the human body to tell us what the organization of His church, His body, must be. 1 Cor.12:12-27.

That body has many members but it has only one head and all the members of that body obey the head. They are joined to the head and they follow the head. Verse 25 says that there should be no "schism" in the body. Even when the hands are pulling in different direction to break a string, they are pulling together as both are actuated by the head.

A.T. Jones made this illustration very clear in at the 1901 General Conference as he had light for the people:

"In our bodies, which we have ever with us, and to which we were directed to-day,--why is it that in all this exhortation of the Spirit of prophecy to reorganization, health reform comes in every time? Why is it, as to-day it was clearly cited, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made"? --It is because in this organization in which we ourselves are, our bodies which God has made us, He has presented before us an everlasting illustration of the organization of the church. And it is exceeding carelessness, and from that, blindness, that cannot see the organization of the church, what it must be, when every day each one carries about with him, and is constantly using, this body, which is composed of many members.

Every one of these members is actuated by the head; and no two of them ever come into quarrel, ever have any difference of opinion, act in contrary ways. Or if they should by any means act in contrary ways, as the hands do to break a string, it is only apparently; they are actually pulling together.

You simply cannot have schism in the body which God has organized from the head. So then, since God calls for re-organization, let not a soul here be afraid that there is going to be confusion, or schism, or anything of the kind. There is no danger whatever except among those who hold not to the head.

Who is the church?--Those who look to the Head; those who seek the Head; those who are joined to the Head. 1 Cor.6:15,17.

Then there is no difference how many members there may be, though we are only one on one side of the earth, and another on the other side of the earth, we two members will move together, and act together, because the Head Christ Jesus, the Lord, is organizing both. His will actuate both. He is the One who is doing that in both." 1901 General Conference Bulletin, pp.41,42.

"The principles of that testimony that brought us to the present constitution, that was the guiding of the making of the present constitution, is the principle of self-government. Each church, each man, indeed, governs himself, with God, with Christ, as his own personal Head, and with no conference as his head, no church elder as his head, no Union Conference president, or any other, as his head. Jesus Christ alone is his Head; and when these form themselves into a church, Jesus Christ is the Head of that church, and the elder is not." A.T. Jones, 1901 General Conference Bulletin, p.153.

"The Conference Committee governs for itself, acts for itself, attends to its own business, and lets other people's business alone. The Union Conference Committee itself is a self-governing committee. It governs itself, not the conference, not any of the churches, nobody in the conference. The General Conference Committee is to be a self-governing committee, not to govern any other conference, or anybody at all but itself. And this Constitution (1903) opens the way for the committee--I do not say that the members intended it--it opens the way for them to encroach and governs somebody besides themselves. What I am after is that we shall have a constitution that shall everlastingly make that thing impossible; and the present Constitution (1901) does it." Ibid, p.154.

This is the body of Christ and nothing else and as long as the self-confident management of men continues to put God aside and accepting the devisings of men (delegations, resolutions, voting, by-laws, policies) Christ cannot be the Head.

sky
sky

Your abilities are amazing. Would you mind sharing how you gained the ability to read another person's mind, see what is in thier heart over the internet? I know that wonderful things can happen over the internet, but I never dreamed that is had advanced to that level.

Maranatha :)
Ray

Job 40-41

God, the Creator, is the judge.  Who can, will be saved is not our problem.   As soon as we try to define "who can be saved" we set ourselves up as judge.  I think Job and his friends were squarely told not to do that. 

Well John the Revelator was revealed which Class is to be saved;

Revelation 15:1 ¶ And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service