Adventist Online

Why do we need to look at the ceremonial laws in the old testament??

They were a type of the fulfillment who is Jesus Christ.  Check out the heave offering for example in the bible.  The heave offering was the best offering someone could give.  Sort of like the firstfruits.  This was what Jesus brought for us when He lived a perfect and sinless life and God gave His best for us.  Christ is the first fruit offering Christ is the heave offering.  This puts Christian Seventh day Adventists ahead of the game in Character because the church teaches to give your all for Jesus and that was what the heave offering was getting at and the first fruit offering.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While we need to remember that the Bible is written by men who were inspired by God, we should understand that everything written in the Bible is for our admonition. And the whole Bible points to Jesus. Jesus said    

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

By this, I understand that some of those ceremonial laws were fulfilled in Jesus and we do not need to keep those feast days anymore.  

Peace

Brother Andrew didn't mention the feast days from what I've seen, he's talking about ceremonial laws, the annual Holy days of GOD aren't ceremonial. Holy days aren't ceremonial, there were ceremonies done on the Holy days, but the Holy days themselves are not ceremonial. 

Brother Ian, you don't even believe the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with, because you believe there is nothing in the Bible or SOP that teaches that, no evidence whatsoever.

Ian wrote: "...those feast days was not Abolished by God in any scripture. " ---  "And again God did not abolish them its true." --- "...Yes as you say there is no evidence that the days were done away with."

But your going to teach it doesn't need to be observed. My brother, Everybody has the right to believe their own conscience, but not come up with their own truths... especially without any evidence. The ceremonial laws was done away with or abolished at the cross, but that ain't got nothing to do with the annual Holy Feast days of GOD. 

Blessings! 

I was taught by Adventist Church that the ceremonial days were the Holy Days.

Romans 14

Peace

Andrew wrote: "I was taught by Adventist Church that the ceremonial days were the Holy Days."

hey brother Andrew, on this particular subject, you have been taught wrong... The annual Holy days of GOD are not ceremonial, there were ceremonies done on the Holy days, but the annual Holy days themselves are not a ceremony. 

It's similar how those who disagrees that the 7th day Sabbath is in effect, they say it's a ceremonial law and done away with, but we know that isn't true. There was ceremonies done on the Sabbath Day, but the Sabbath is not ceremonial. Unfortunately the teaching has entered the 7th Day Adventist Church that the annual Holy days of GOD are ceremonial and done away with, but it's not true. 

Blessings! 

What is true is that the ceremonial laws are the same as the feast days and the annual sabbaths.

There is a thread running concurrently with all the arguments that can be concocted in favor of the feast days called  "back to the Jewish feasts days is not moving forward" http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/back-to-the-jewish-feas...

were means past tense. move forward, not backwards. 

Peace

Andrew wrote: "What is true is that the ceremonial laws are the same as the feast days and the annual sabbaths."

No, that is not true Andrew... You've been taught wrong. The ceremonial laws wasn't being kept, but the annual Holy feast days of GOD was still being observed. There is proof Gentiles almost 200 years after the cross was still observing GOD'S annual Holy days.

To Jason, and Gabriel, No concoctions here, and yes, we must look back to the early Church to understand what is the truth, then when finding out the truth a person could move forward in that understanding. 

Luke, Paul and his converts shows us by there actions.

EGW "At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and true-hearted of the apostle's converts, and he enjoyed a peaceful and happy visit with them during the eight days of the feast.”

Let's go 200 years down the line, way past 70AD....

The Catholic writer Eusebius recorded that Polycrates of Ephesus, around 195 A.D. wrote the following to the Roman Bishop Victor, who wanted those who professed Christ to change Passover from the 14th of Nisan to Sunday:

Polycrates wrote:"We observe the exact day; neither adding, nor taking away. For in Asia also great lights have fallen asleep, which shall rise again on the day of the Lord's coming, when he shall come with glory from heaven, and shall seek out all the saints. Among these are Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who fell asleep in Hierapolis; and his two aged virgin daughters, and another daughter, who lived in the Holy Spirit and now rests at Ephesus; and, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus. And Polycarp in Smyrna, who was a bishop and martyr; and Thraseas, bishop and martyr from Eumenia, who fell asleep in Smyrna. Why need I mention the bishop and martyr Sagaris who fell asleep in Laodicea, or the blessed Papirius, or Melito, the Eunuch who lived altogether in the Holy Spirit, and who lies in Sardis, awaiting the episcopate from heaven, when he shall rise from the dead? All these observed the fourteenth day of the passover according to the Gospel, deviating in no respect, but following the rule of faith. And I also, Polycrates, the least of you all, do according to the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have closely followed. For seven of my relatives were bishops; and I am the eighth. And my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven. I, therefore, brethren, who have lived sixty-five years in the Lord, and have met with the brethren throughout the world, and have gone through every Holy Scripture, am not affrighted by terrifying words. For those greater than I have said ' We ought to obey God rather than man' --- (Eusebius. Church History, Book V, Chapter 24. Translated by Arthur Cushman McGiffert. Excerpted from Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, Series Two, Volume 1. Edited by Philip Schaff and Henry Wace. American Edition, 1890. Online Edition Copyright © 2004 by K. Knight; also Eusebius. The History of the Church, Book 5, Chapter XXIV. Digireads.com, 2005, p. 115).

Gentile Christians are still observing GOD'S annual Holy days, No concoctions, just facts... What's concocted is that the annual Holy days of GOD was done away with, that's just a lie!!! What's  moving backwards is building on a lie the Rome started, in that the annual Holy days of GOD are done away with after the cross. 

This from the Catholic Catechism, by Peter Cardinal Gasparri, translated by the Rev. Hugh Pope, O.P., second printing, copyright 1932 and printed by P. J. Kenedy & Sons, Typographi Pontificii, 12 Barclay Street, New York, questions 203-206, pages 120-121.

(204) Q.   What were the festival days in the Old Testament?

A.  In the Old Testament there were many festival days, but the chief one was the Sabbath, the very name of which signifies the rest needful for the worship of God, whence it is called "the day of rest."

"(205) Q.  Why is the Sabbath day not observed under the New Testament?

A.  The Sabbath day is not observed under the New Testament, because in its place the Church keeps Sunday in honor of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost; the Church also adds other festival days.

(206) Q. To what, then, are we bound nowadays as regards keeping festival days holy?

A. As regards keeping festival days holy we are to-day bound to sanctify, in the manner proscribed by the Church, the Sundays and other Feast Days appointed by her 192
We see here it's not only GOD'S Sabbath they speak against, but the other Holy Feast Days as well. Here's more,

This is from the Catechism of Pope Pius X:

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church.

--------
This is from the "Catholic Christian Instructed in the Sacraments, Sacrifice, Ceremonies, and Observances of the Church" by the Right Rev. Dr. Richard Challoner, published in Baltimore in 1852 by John Murphy & Co., pp. 202 - 204.

"And therefore, instead of the seventh day, and other festivals appointed in the old law, the Church has prescribed the Sundays and holydays to be set apart for God's worship; and these we are now obliged to keep in consequence of God's commandment, instead of the ancient Sabbath."

--------------

For 25 Years Father Enright Offers $1,000 For A Bible Verse Commanding Sunday Observance:

“Dear Friend, I have
offered and still offer $1000 to any one who can prove to me from
the Bible alone that I am bound, under grievous sin to keep
Sunday holy. It was the Catholic Church which made the law
obliging us to keep Sunday holy. The church made this law long
after the Bible was written. Hence said law is not in the Bible.
Christ, our Lord empowered his church to make laws binding in
conscience. He said to his apostles and their lawful sucessors in
the priesthood “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be
binding in heaven.” Matthew 16:19. Matthew 18:17. Luke 16:19.
The Cath. Church abolished not only the Sabbath, but all the other Jewish festivals. Pray and study. I shall be always glad to help you as long as you honestly seek the truth. Respectfully, T.
Enright CSSR.” June 1905
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite what you believe in your mind, it stills goes against the truth and the clear evidence. Or do you believe these facts and clear evidence is fake news Gabriel? 

Blessings! 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by