Adventist Online

There are individuals today that will take a figure that was on William Millers chart and they will use that figure as a means of saying if you do not believe in this number called the 2520, you are an apostate. There are certain individuals saying that. There are Adventists today that go around saying there is a 2520 prophecy. We have fallen away from the truth God has given us as a people. We were taught how to study the Bible. The Spirit of God leads us line upon line, precept upon precept but most people took a chart with a number on it and took an abstract quotation from the Spirit of Prophecy where Ellen White spoke highly of the chart and nothing should be altered on it but they DID NOT FINISH the statement. She said nothing should be altered on it accept by inspiration. In other words, if inspiration says something on this chart was wrong, then they have an authority to remove it. People forgot about that so they went around talking about a 2520 and allowing groups and camps to come together and it became an instrument that the devil used to create a segregation among the people of God. In a time where were 71 times in the Spirit of Prophecy we are told to press together, press together, press together, there are individuals trying to separate over something that doesn’t even exist. You say what do you mean? I will tell you exactly.
Leviticus 26If we faithfully studied Leviticus the 26th chapter which is where this so called 2520 prophecy came into existence (http://www.2520yearprophecy.com/) , we would find there is no 2520 prophecy. That’s all we need to do but we didn’t do it that way, we failed. We began to listen to what other people were saying about a chart and an abstract quote. As a result we failed.
2520 or 2300Which one is longer? 2520 right? A child can understand that right? Why is it that if 2520 is the longest time prophecy then why does EGW say 2300 days is the longest time prophecy in the Bible?
There will always be false and fanatical movements made by persons in the church who claim to be led of God–those who will run before they are sent and will give day and date for the occurrence of unfulfilled prophecy. The enemy is pleased to have them do this, for their successive failures and leading into false lines cause confusion and unbelief.–2SM 84 (1897). {LDE 35.2}
No Time Prophecy Beyond 1844I plainly stated at the Jackson camp meeting to these fanatical parties that they were doing the work of the adversary of souls; they were in darkness. They claimed to have great light that probation would close in October, 1884. I there stated in public that the Lord had been pleased to show me that there would be no definite time in the message given of God since 1844.–2SM 73 (1885). {LDE 35.3}
Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord’s coming.–10MR 270 (1888). {LDE 36.1}
The people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time [Revelation 10:4-6], reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844.–7BC 971 (1900). {LDE 36.2}
How simple is that? Are you saying that the prophet suddenly had a mathematical challenge in her mind? A child can understand 2520 is more than 2300 but the prophet of God under inspiration says the longest prophecy in the bible is the 2300 days. That should have settled it right there. But because individuals are holding onto ignorance God had to magnify it even further.
There are many precious truths contained in the Word of God, but it is “present truth” that the flock needs now. I have seen the danger of the messengers running off from the important points of present truth, to dwell upon subjects that are not calculated to unite the flock and sanctify the soul. {EW 63.1}
She then says in the next paragraph what present truth was.But such subjects as the sanctuary, in connection with the 2300 days, the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, are perfectly calculated to explain the past Advent movement and show what our present position is, establish the faith of the doubting, and give certainty to the glorious future. These, I have frequently seen, were the principal subjects on which the messengers should dwell. {EW 63.2}
She says NOTHING about 2520 days! 2520 is veering off points of present truth. The sanctuary in connection with the 2300 days, the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, these are perfectly calculated to unite the flock, sanctify the soul and show the glorious future of the advent movement. Nothing about 2520. If that is not enough, there was a 1843 chart. If someone says the prophet said in 1843 chart nothing should be altered. Therefore inspiration was saying nothing should be altered on the chart. If that were true, then do you know we have a prophet and a group of pioneers that violated the very command of God? You ought to know why.
1843, 1850, 1863In 1843 there was a chart by William Miller with 2520 on it. In 1850 there was another chart with the 2520 on it. But in 1863 there was another chart and guess what? No 2520 on it. There was no 2520 on the chart in 1863, neither the charts to come thereafter. No 2520. If that is not enough I leave the best for last. The pioneers came together. This is James White himself. James White the husband of the prophet. If you know Adventist history, there were certain things that James White taught that Ellen White didn’t agree with and Ellen White had to check them. She had to let him know, no this is not right, the Lord has shown me otherwise and she was being faithful in Ephesians 4:11-14 one of the functions of a prophet is to make sure that the brethren are not tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. However, they studied Leviticus 26 and said this;
So then, there is no prophetic period in Lev. xxvi; {January 26, 1864 JWe, ARSH 68.12}
How clear of this? We have hundreds possibly thousands who have allowed themselves to be broken away over something that doesn’t exist.
…and those who imagine that such a thing exists, and are puzzling themselves over the adjustment of its several dates, are simply beating the air. To ignore, or treat with neglect, a prophetic period where one is plainly given, is censurable in the extreme. It is an equally futile, though not so heinous, a course, to endeavor to create one where none exists. {January 26, 1864 JWe, ARSH 68.12}
2520 is not a real prophecy and yet we have individuals teaching this but not only teaching it and using it as a catalyst to begin to tell us that in 9/11 supposedly according to a reinterpretation of the trumpets that now in 9/11 supposedly this is when the loud cry started and they misunderstand Life Sketches page 411. They never connected it to Testimonies volume 7 page 141. They never did line upon line, the same Holy Spirit that inspired the writings of the bible is the same Holy Spirit that inspired the writings of Ellen White. Therefore the same method that the Holy Spirit uses to study the bible is the same method we should use to study the sop. When you study the sop you should study what? Line upon line. What they did is looked at LS page 411 and said look at that, tis talking about the towers going down and the lord will shake terribly the earth and then Revelation 18:1-3 shall come to pass. Therefore, 9/11 took place therefore revelation 18 must come to pass because God shook terribly the earth and therefore they began giving the loud and now they teach people the doctrine that the loud cry started at 9/11. They did not compare it to Testimonies Volume seven page 141 where the prophet of God makes it very clear that passing of the national Sunday law, then God will shake terribly the earth. They didn’t study line upon line. They are modern day Pharisees, individuals who are taking the words of God and claiming to be stickers for truth claiming to be followers of the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy but at the same time they are fading away from bible truth.

Views: 9723

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark, it seems you are a Millerite.  This 2520 has been found to be not scriptural and the chart that replaced the charts with 2520 were endorsed by Ellen White saying that all should have it and handed them out with her husband along with the 10 commandment charts.  Here is how we also know that she accepted that 2520 was false since she did not rebuke her husband from what he wrote nor when he changed the chart for she said: "If God abhors one sin above another, of which His people are guilty, it is doing nothing in case of an emergency. Indifference and neutrality in a religious crisis is regarded of God as a grievous crime and equal to the very worst type of hostility against God."  {3T 280.3}  If 2520 is Truth as you claim, she should have rebuked her husband publicly or she stands guilty of a grievous crime against God.

Tell me something my friend, in the time of Josiah why had the prophetess Huldah not been rebuking Israel for not keeping the law?

2Ki 22:13 Go ye, enquire of the LORD for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.
2Ki 22:14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.
2Ki 22:15 And she said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,
2Ki 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:
2Ki 22:17 Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
2Ki 22:18 But to the king of Judah which sent you to enquire of the LORD, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;
2Ki 22:19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the LORD.

You should be more concerned about what she did say rather than your vain and presumptuous thoughts of what she didn't say.

Amen.  This is a teaching of Jeff Pippenger.  The 2520 followers follow him and not the Bible nor see how God has led our pioneers away from this error and as you can see they try to say the 2300 and 70 weeks prophecies are part of the 2520 otherwise they would have to take Sister White at face value when she says the 2300 years was the longest prophecy.  The SDA organized church never taught 2520.  It error was finished among our leaders before the new charts were developed in 1863!

That is right Zafer my brother, and what is the foundation that is being torn down?

The old truths, given us at the beginning, are to be heralded far and near. The lapse of time has not lessened their value. It is the constant effort of the enemy to remove these truths from their setting, and to put in their place spurious theories. But the Lord will raise up men of keen perception, who with clear vision will discern the intrigues of Satan, and will give these truths their proper place in the plan of God.  {RH, August 20, 1903 par. 8} 

We have, as had John, a message to bear of the things which we have seen and heard. God is not giving us a new message. We are to proclaim the message that in 1843 and 1844 brought us out of the other churches. We need the Holy Spirit to kindle in our hearts the zeal and earnestness that were then seen among God's people. I thank the Lord that there are still living a few who can remember those days, and who know whereof they speak.  {RH, January 19, 1905 par.

The message that brought them out of the other churches was the 2520 and the 2300, found on the 1843 Chart.

I seemed to be surrounded with light, and to be rising higher and higher from the earth. I turned to look for the advent people in the world, but could not find them, when a voice said to me, "Look again, and look a little higher." At this, I raised my eyes, and saw a straight and narrow path, cast up high above the world. On this path the advent people were traveling to the city which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the "midnight cry." [See Matthew 25:6.] This light shone all along the path, and gave light for their feet, so that they might not stumble.  If they kept their eyes fixed on Jesus, who was just before them, leading them to the city, they were safe. But soon some grew weary, and said the city was a great way off, and they expected to have entered it before. Then Jesus would encourage them by raising His glorious right arm, and from His arm came a light which waved over the advent band, and they shouted "Alleluia!" Others rashly denied the light behind them, and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell off the path down into the dark and wicked world below. {CET 57.2, 3}

The Midnight cry is the message that leads us to heaven. So my dear brother, in order to be on that path we need to understand what the midnight cry consisted of.

You can go look for yourself, but it consisted of the following 5 points.

1. The 6000 years.

2. The 7 times (2520)

3. The 2300 Days.

4. The 70 Weeks.

5. Type and Antitype.

"Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein." Jeremiah 6:16. {8T 296.3}  Let none seek to tear away the foundations of our faith--the foundations that were laid at the beginning of our work by prayerful study of the word and by revelation. Upon these foundations we have been building for the last fifty years. Men may suppose that they have found a new way and that they can lay a stronger foundation than that which has been laid. But this is a great deception. O  The great waymarks of truth, showing us our bearings in prophetic history, are to be carefully guarded, lest they be torn down and replaced with theories that would bring confusion rather than genuine light. I have been cited to the very erroneous theories that have been presented over and over again. Those who advocated these theories presented Scripture quotations, but they misapplied and misinterpreted them. The theories supposed to be correct were incorrect, and yet many thought them the very theories to be brought before the people. The prophecies of Daniel and John are to be diligently studied.  {17MR 1.2}

The warning has come: Nothing is to be allowed to come in that will disturb the foundation of the faith upon which we have been building ever since the message came in 1842, 1843, and 1844. I was in this message, and ever since I have been standing before the world, true to the light that God has given us. We do not propose to take our feet off the platform on which they were placed as day by day we sought the Lord with earnest prayer, seeking for light. Do you think that I could give up the light that God has given me? It is to be as the Rock of Ages. It has been guiding me ever since it was given. Brethren and sisters, God lives and reigns and works today. His hand is on the wheel, and in His providence He is turning the wheel in accordance with His own will. Let not men fasten themselves to documents, saying what they will do and what they will not do. Let them fasten themselves to the Lord God of heaven. Then the light of heaven will shine into the soul-temple, and we shall see the salvation of God.  {GCB, April 6, 1903 par. 35}

There are many foolish brothers ans sisters out there who are choosing the popular and pleasing path, trust in the word my brother, and do not be found to be one of them.

Blessings

Brother Mark

Zafer, if you do not have the study by Dwayne Lemon, message me and I will share it with you.  He unmasks ALL of the 2520 errors being promoted as Truth.  No point in debating further on this as some reject the Truth and call 2520 Truth.

amen

There are many things that are the foundation of our faith my brother., and you cannot use one piece of scripture to negate another. ALL scripture must harmonise.

Prophecy is the foundation of our faith.

The sanctuary is the foundation of our faith.

The 2300 days however is the central focus due to what Christ is doing for us in the sanctuary, and that the 144000 are they that follow the Lamb withersoever He goeth.

The foundations are written on the 1843 and 1850 Charts, and have all the truths upon we as a movement were founded.

So please tell me which part of the 1850 Chart God lied about?

Our next conference was in Fairhaven. Brother Bates and wife were present. It was quite a good meeting. On our return to Brother Nichols', the Lord gave me a vision and showed me that the “TRUTH” must be made plain upon tables, and it would cause many to decide for the truth by the three angels' messages, with the two former being made plain upon tables.  {16MR 207.1} 

I saw that God was in the publishment of the chart by Brother Nichols. I saw that there was a prophecy of this chart in the Bible, and if this chart is designed for God’s people, if it [is] sufficient for one it is for another, and if one needed a new chart painted on a larger scale, all need it just as much. {13MR 359.1}

Which part is NOT TRUTH? Are you putting yourself above God? Do you think you are wiser than your maker?

Or maybe you just need to say Ellen White is a false prophet, because the only way you can truly deny the 2520 is to say so.

David had many wives as did Solomon as well as concubines and Jacob also took many women.  Did God rebuke them for that sin?  God allows things to go on for a reason.  It is similar to why He allows heresies to come in among us.  God knows what is best and why He hides Truths from us as only He knows when we are ready to receive it. 

Mark, accept that 2520 is error.

With Daniel and Joseph, for example, who decided that kines and ears represent a year?  Who decided that 7 thin cows represented 7 years of famine?  It was GOD who revealed these interpretations.  We are not given these things but to read what God gave them so when your leader, Jeff Pippenger, interprets something, it is HIS OWN interpretation that you are following. 

The Truth was made plain upon tables as well as 2520 was there.

There are many items out of context which your following tries to defend.  I would encourage everyone to end the debate with these 2520 people as they are walking in error.

CHECK THESE GUYS A LIARS

WHO are we told by Sister White to be the one who made the 1843 Chart, here these guys are lying read the one who started the discussion;

1843, 1850, 1863In 1843 there was a chart by William Miller with 2520 on it. In 1850 there was another chart with the 2520 on it.

So this means they are only after attacking the Truth as it had been laid.

what's all this rambling about ? 

2520 ? 

second witness? lol 

What kind of straw doctrine is this which cannot stand or even sit lol

1 Corinthians 3:12-13

New Living Translation (NLT)

12 Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw.13 But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value.

A copy of a vision the Lord gave Sister White, June 21, 1851, at Camden, N.Y. The Lord showed me that the message must go, and that it must not be hung on time; for time will never be a test again. I saw that some were getting a false excitement, arising from preaching time, that the third angel’s message can stand on its own foundation, and that it needs not time to strengthen it, and that it will go with mighty power, and do its work, and will be cut short in righteousness. {1SM 188.3}

Another reason why 2520 is error...

When the Lord gives a man a message, He gives with it something whereby His people may know that the message is from Him. God does not ask his people to believe everyone who comes to them with a message {2SM 71.2}
     The Lord sends warnings to His people, not to destroy them, but to correct their errors....  {2SM 71.3}  
     We are living in perilous times. From the light I have, I know that Satan is trying to bring in that which will make people think they have a wonderful work to do. But when God gives a man a message, that man, by his meekness and lowliness, will give evidence that God is working through him. God lives and reigns, and He desires us to walk before Him in humility. He does not wish this man N to force himself before a congregation....  {2SM 71.4}  
     We are not going to be interrupted in meeting after meeting by those who claim they have a message to deliver. He who presses himself forward into a place where he is not wanted is not doing the work of God. We are to work like soldiers in an army. We are not to step out of the ranks, and begin to work on our own account.--Manuscript 30, 1901.  {2SM 71.5} 

Tell them Brother its true that the Holy spirit will help and guide those who study the Bible in truth.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service